PrimerDesigner plugin Compatibility

joomanji
Hi Sheldon,

  I'm a user of Gbrowse 2.14. Wonder if the PrimerDesigner plugin is compatible with Gbrowse version 2? As on the wiki page, it stated this plugin is not compatible with Gbrowse 2.0.

  Best regards,

Soon Joo

Re: PrimerDesigner plugin Compatibility

Sheldon McKay
Hi SJ Yap,

There was a major re-architecture which requires the plugin to be
re-written.  Last I heard Joan Pontius had a student working on it but
I don't know the status.

Sheldon

Sheldon McKay, PhD
Scientific Lead, iPlant Collaborative
BIO5 Institute, University of Arizona
Email: [hidden email]
Google Voice:  (203) 701-9204

On Tue, Oct 26, 2010 at 9:47 PM, SJ Yap <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi Sheldon,
>   I'm a user of Gbrowse 2.14. Wonder if the PrimerDesigner plugin is
> compatible with Gbrowse version 2? As on the wiki page, it stated this
> plugin is not compatible with Gbrowse 2.0.
>   Best regards,
> Soon Joo

Re: PrimerDesigner plugin Compatibility

Joan Pontius
He's back at school, and didn't get very far, sorry!

On Oct 27, 2010, at 12:11 PM, Sheldon McKay wrote:

Hi SJ Yap,

There was a major re-architecture which requires the plugin to be
re-written.  Last I heard Joan Pontius had a student working on it but
I don't know the status.

Sheldon

Sheldon McKay, PhD
Scientific Lead, iPlant Collaborative
BIO5 Institute, University of Arizona
Email: [hidden email]
Google Voice:  (203) 701-9204

On Tue, Oct 26, 2010 at 9:47 PM, SJ Yap <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Sheldon,
  I'm a user of Gbrowse 2.14. Wonder if the PrimerDesigner plugin is
compatible with Gbrowse version 2? As on the wiki page, it stated this
plugin is not compatible with Gbrowse 2.0.
  Best regards,
Soon Joo

Joan Pontius-Contractor SAIC
Laboratory of Genomic Diversity
Bldg 560-NCI
Frederick Maryland 21702
phone (301)846-1761
fax (301) 846-1686

Re: PrimerDesigner plugin Compatibility

Lincoln Stein
Hi Joan, Sheldon,

Any idea of how much work is needed?

Lincoln

On Wed, Oct 27, 2010 at 12:15 PM, Joan Pontius <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Lincoln D. Stein
101 College St., Suite 800
Toronto, ON, Canada M5G0A3
416 673-8514