Problem with Views upgrade from 7x-3.8 to 3.10

Problem with Views upgrade from 7x-3.8 to 3.10

sanjuro
Hi all,

I'm wondering if anyone else has had problems upgrading from Views 7.x-3.8 to Views 7.x-3.10?  When I upgrade, it breaks the two Views-based data displays I'm using, one of which is a modified version of the Stocks User Search view.  The filters show up at the top, the CSV link for Views Data Export shows up just underneath the filters, but none of the data is displayed.  My Tripal version is 7.x-2.0-rc1.

The postgres log also has this error, which doesn't appear before the Views update:

ERROR:  relation "stock" does not exist at character 67
STATEMENT:  SELECT COUNT(*) AS expression
FROM
(SELECT 1 AS expression
FROM
stock stock
LEFT JOIN chado_stock chado_stock ON stock.stock_id = chado_stock.stock_id
LEFT JOIN node node_chado_stock ON chado_stock.nid = node_chado_stock.nid
LEFT JOIN node node ON chado_stock.nid = node.nid
LEFT JOIN cvterm cvterm ON stock.type_id = cvterm.cvterm_id
LEFT JOIN organism organism ON stock.organism_id = organism.organism_id) subquery​

​Also, several instances of this PHP warning appear in the ​drupal log messages report when I try to navigate to the Bulk Loader screen:

LOCATION
​  ​
http://localhost/~sanjuroIvy/wildstrawberry_d7/?q=admin%2Ftripal%2Floaders%2Fbulk&render=overlay
REFERRER
​  ​
http://localhost/~sanjuroIvy/wildstrawberry_d7/?q=chado/stock
MESSAGE
​  ​
Warning: Creating default object from empty value in tripal_bulk_loader_load() (line 192 of/Users/sanjuroIvy/Sites/wildstrawberry_d7/sites/all/modules/tripal/tripal_bulk_loader/includes/tripal_bulk_loader.chado_node.inc).

​Anyone else seeing anything similar?​

Regards,

Sanjuro

Re: Problem with Views upgrade from 7x-3.8 to 3.10

adf_ncgr
Hi Sanjuro-
we ran into exactly the same problem recently when our site admin (cc'd) upgraded
the Views module; he soon recalled that there is a patch that needs to be applied:
http://tripal.info/node/78#toc-applying-patches--BjStPJtZ

hope that helps, Nathan can probably provide you with more info if needed

Andrew

On 3/6/15 3:47 PM, Sanjuro Jogdeo wrote:
[...]

...all concepts in which an entire process is semiotically concentrated
elude definition; only that which has no history is definable.

Friedrich Nietzsche

Re: Problem with Views upgrade from 7x-3.8 to 3.10

sanjuro
Wow, thank you, I never would have remembered that.  And, having restored an older version of our site, I see that the php warning existed before the Views upgrade, so it's unrelated.

Thanks Andrew!

Regards,

Sanjuro