Quail Genome Browser question

Khan, Mohsin Amir Faiz
Hi,

I have just started using the Quail Genome browser (http://www.nodai-genome.org/cgi-bin/gb2u/gbrowse/NGRC_Chicken-DB/) and was wondering if you could tell me how to extract Quail genomic sequence that shares homology to a region in chick? For instance, for a given set of genomic coordinates in Galgal3, how can I extract the equivalent region in Quail?

Thanks in advance,

Dr. Mohsin Amir Faiz Khan,
Department of Cell & Dev. Biology,
University College London,
Gower Street, WC1E 6BT

Re: Quail Genome Browser question

Scott Cain
Hi Moshin,

Sorry I missed the moderation message last week when it came in.  This is the mailing list to support people who've installed the Generic Genome Browser software and put their own data in it.  Since you're asking a question about the data (that is, the hard part of your question is finding the homologous region, not extracting the genomic sequence), you'll have to ask the owners of that GBrowse instance.  Their contact info is here:

Scott