REST API - Tool input information

Jasper Jan Koehorst
Is it possible to get tool input information through the REST api?
For example, I would like to know for a specific tool to retrieve the inputs needed and the types of inputs being either integer, dataset, string, etc…

Kind regards,

Jasper Koehorst

Re: REST API - Tool input information

John Chilton-4
Yes - this is available - under api/tools/<tool_id> if you pass the
query parameter io_details=True.

(e.g. https://usegalaxy.org/api/tools/cat1?io_details=True)

I would recommend using bioblend if possible, in this case the
operation is available as the ``show_tool`` method which also exposes
the io_details parameter.

http://bioblend.readthedocs.org/en/latest/api_docs/galaxy/all.html#bioblend.galaxy.tools.ToolClient.show_tool

-John