RatMine Down

Vallejos, Andrew

RatMine went down yesterday, and I am not sure why.  I restarted Tomcat and that seemed clear everything up.  Is there anything that I can do to prevent this from happening again?

Thanks,

Andrew

======================

Andrew Vallejos

Web Developer II

Biotechnology and Bioengineering Center

Medical College of Wisconsin

414-955-4104

localhost.2010-09-09.log (100K) Download Attachment

Re: RatMine Down

Julie Sullivan
Andrew,

I'm not sure what we can do without knowing what happened.  Were you able to
find the relevant log file?  I know you've had issues with your log files before.

Here's where my webapp logs are:

        $TOMCAT/intermine.log (and $TOMCAT/flymine.log)

        $TOMCAT/logs/catalina.out
        $TOMCAT/logs/localhost.$DATE.log

I've started some documentation on logging in InterMine:

        http://intermine.org/wiki/Logging

Cheers,
Julie

Vallejos, Andrew wrote:

> RatMine went down yesterday, and I am not sure why.  I restarted Tomcat
> and that seemed clear everything up.  Is there anything that I can do to
> prevent this from happening again?
>

> Thanks,
>

> Andrew
>

> ======================
>
> Andrew Vallejos
>
> Web Developer II
>
> Biotechnology and Bioengineering Center
>
> Medical College of Wisconsin
>
> 414-955-4104

Re: RatMine Down

Vallejos, Andrew
No, I was never able to find anything.  Other than the log file that I
had attached in the original email.

Here is the error message from that file:
Sep 9, 2010 5:03:33 AM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve
invoke
SEVERE: Servlet.service() for servlet action threw exception
java.lang.IllegalStateException
        at
org.apache.catalina.connector.ResponseFacade.sendRedirect(ResponseFacade
.java:435)
        at
org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.processForwardConfig(RequestPr
ocessor.java:385)
        at
org.apache.struts.tiles.TilesRequestProcessor.processForwardConfig(Tiles
RequestProcessor.java:316)
        at
org.intermine.web.struts.InterMineRequestProcessor.processForwardConfig(
InterMineRequestProcessor.java:195)
        at
org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.process(RequestProcessor.java:
231)
        at
org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.process(ActionServlet.java:1164)
        at
org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.doGet(ActionServlet.java:397)
        at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:617)
        at
tionFilterChain.java:290)
        at
erChain.java:206)
        at
e.java:233)
        at
e.java:191)
        at
:128)
        at
:102)
        at
java:109)
        at
org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:2
86)
        at
org.apache.jk.server.JkCoyoteHandler.invoke(JkCoyoteHandler.java:190)
        at
org.apache.jk.common.HandlerRequest.invoke(HandlerRequest.java:283)
        at
org.apache.jk.common.ChannelSocket.invoke(ChannelSocket.java:767)
        at
org.apache.jk.common.ChannelSocket.processConnection(ChannelSocket.java:
697)
        at
org.apache.jk.common.ChannelSocket$SocketConnection.runIt(ChannelSocket.
java:889)
        at
.java:690)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:636)

Vallejos, Andrew wrote:
> RatMine went down yesterday, and I am not sure why.  I restarted
Tomcat
> and that seemed clear everything up.  Is there anything that I can do

> prevent this from happening again?
>

> Thanks,
>

> Andrew
>

> ======================
>
> Andrew Vallejos
>
> Web Developer II
>
> Biotechnology and Bioengineering Center
>
> Medical College of Wisconsin
>
> 414-955-4104

Re: RatMine Down

Julie Sullivan
Thanks Andrew.  Let me take a look at the log4j config files.  Something is
configured incorrectly, I think.

We're not going to be able to figure out what happened without proper error
messages or more information.