RatMine Template Error

Vallejos, Andrew

I am getting errors when running templates…however I am receiving this template only when I am running it from the ‘Data Category’ pages or from a report page.  Running the template from the template section does not appear to throw an error.  I can run and edit the template via the “My Mine – templates” section as well.

Here is the error that I can find in the tomcat logs:

SEVERE: Servlet.service() for servlet action threw exception

java.lang.IllegalStateException

        at org.apache.catalina.connector.ResponseFacade.sendRedirect(ResponseFacade.java:435)

        at org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.processForwardConfig(RequestProcessor.java:385)

        at org.apache.struts.tiles.TilesRequestProcessor.processForwardConfig(TilesRequestProcessor.java:316)

        at org.intermine.web.struts.InterMineRequestProcessor.processForwardConfig(InterMineRequestProcessor.java:209)

        at org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.process(RequestProcessor.java:231)

        at org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.process(ActionServlet.java:1164)

        at org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.doGet(ActionServlet.java:397)

        at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:617)

        at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:290)

        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:233)

        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:191)

        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:127)

        at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:102)

        at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:298)

        at org.apache.jk.server.JkCoyoteHandler.invoke(JkCoyoteHandler.java:190)

        at org.apache.jk.common.HandlerRequest.invoke(HandlerRequest.java:291)

        at org.apache.jk.common.ChannelSocket.invoke(ChannelSocket.java:774)

        at org.apache.jk.common.ChannelSocket.processConnection(ChannelSocket.java:703)

        at org.apache.jk.common.ChannelSocket$SocketConnection.runIt(ChannelSocket.java:896)

        at org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run(ThreadPool.java:690)

        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)

Here is the error that is reported through the website:

java.lang.RuntimeException: Error running up template 'gene_to_snps' from report page for object 736003232.

                at org.intermine.web.struts.ModifyDetails.runTemplate(ModifyDetails.java:90)

                at org.apache.struts.actions.DispatchAction.dispatchMethod(DispatchAction.java:276)

                at org.apache.struts.actions.DispatchAction.execute(DispatchAction.java:196)

                at org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.processActionPerform(RequestProcessor.java:421)

                at org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.process(RequestProcessor.java:226)

[...]

Caused by: org.intermine.api.template.TemplatePopulatorException: The constraint of type interface org.intermine.model.bio.Gene can't be set to object of type Protein in template query gene_to_snps.

                at org.intermine.api.template.TemplatePopulator.populateTemplateWithObject(TemplatePopulator.java:138)

                at org.intermine.web.struts.ModifyDetails.runTemplate(ModifyDetails.java:82)

                ... 27 more

======================

Andrew Vallejos

Web Developer II

Biotechnology and Bioengineering Center

Medical College of Wisconsin

414-955-4104

Re: RatMine Template Error

Richard Smith
Hi Andrew,
That's definitely fixed in 0.95, also fixed in the FlyMine release but
I can't find the change that fixed it at the moment.  I'll keep looking
and let you know if it's something simple to change.

Cheers,
Richard.