Re: [BioMart Users] differences in biomart sources

Re: [BioMart Users] differences in biomart sources

Arek Kasprzyk
Hi Assa,
I am forwarding your email to the [hidden email]. They will be able
to advise you if both resources are in synch

On Thu, Jul 28, 2011 at 11:36 AM, AYeroslaviz
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello,
> I would like to know whether there is a difference between these two biomart
> data sets of drosophila
> I have found one in the biomart metazoa 10 (dmelanogaster_eg_gene) Does the
> 'eg' stands for ensembl genes?
> and one in the central biomart source from Ensembl genes 63
> (dmelanogaster_gene_ensembl)
> The only difference I can find is the version the BDGP version of 5 and 5.25
> respectively.
> I was wondering if there are some more substantial differences I should know
> about or the older version is just because it wasn't updated yet.
> Thanks a lot
> Assa
> PS.
> I hope you are the right person to send this mail to.
> If not, please redirect it or tell me who to send it to.
> Thanks again.
> Assa Yeroslaviz
> Application service, Bioinformatics group
> Max Planck Institute for the Biology of Aging
> Robert-Koch-Str. 21
> 50931 Cologne
> Germany
> phone: +49 221 47889795
> e-mail: [hidden email]

Re: [BioMart Users] differences in biomart sources

Elena Rivkin
HI Assa,

Based on the description provided on the relevant Ensembl sites, they are
the same. I am including Ensembl helpdesk for confirmation.

Thank you.
Elena Rivkin
Outreach and Training Coordinator, Informatics and Bio-computing

Ontario Institute for Cancer Research
MaRS Centre, South Tower
101 College Street, Suite 800
Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5G 0A3

Tel: 647-258-4316
Toll-free: 1-866-678-6427
www.oicr.on.ca

This message and any attachments may contain confidential and/or
privileged information for the sole use of the intended recipient. Any
review or distribution by anyone other than the person for whom it was
originally intended is strictly prohibited. If you have received this
message in error, please contact the sender and delete all copies.
Opinions, conclusions or other information contained in this message may
not be that of the organization.