Re: GBrowse input question

Scott Cain
I didn't realize this come through the GBrowse mailing list; I'm cc'ing it to there as well, since it's likely that someone else will have more info to share.

Scott

On Thu, Oct 2, 2014 at 2:15 PM, Scott Cain <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Branden,

No, GBrowse doesn't natively support VCF files.  Your best bet for visualizing them would be to convert them to GVF, which is a variant format which is also valid GFF3:

I don't know of any tools for converting between VCF and GVF though; perhaps Barry Moore does (cc'ed here).

On the other hand, JBrowse does support VCF natively, but I realize that likely doesn't help at the moment.

Scott

On Thu, Oct 2, 2014 at 1:46 PM, Lau, Branden M - (bmlau) <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

I was wondering if GBrowse could visualize VCF files?

Thanks,
Branden