Re: [GMOD-devel] interpro domains

Robert Buels
Perhaps we should remove the not-null constraint on feature.organism_id?
  That would mean that interpro domains could be features that are not
associated with an organism.

Thoughts on this?

Rob

Re: [GMOD-devel] interpro domains

Don Gilbert-2-3

I still believe that it is better to supplement your input data
with an appropriate "metaorganism" name than to remove constraints
on the schema.  You can use the same logic for any kind of data
you want to add that lacks some schema component: location-less
features, etc.  Using an organism called "all organisms" or
computed organism, or what ever is most appropriate is valuable
added information (or call it "null").
- Don

[GMOD-devel] Re: interpro domains

Siddhartha Basu
Yes that definitely can be the case with the constraint. However,  the
lack of constraint do give one the flexibility to add a freshly brewed
organism as required but at the same time also give the freedom not to
invent a new one whenever neccessary.

-siddhartha