Re: [Gmod-ajax] canned comments, etc

nathandunn

Sofia,

I’m copying this onto the Apollo list as well, since I think that this is what you were referring to.

“Canned Comments” (in the admin screen):

Affects what you see in the comments drop-down:

though you can still use whatever you want, but it does suggest things.   This was in the older apollo, but now you can just edit in the admin interface directly as well as dictate which types of annotations it shows up in:

The interface could use some love if anyone has time / inclination.

In 2.0.4 we are also adding Canned Tags / Values to do the same thing with the attribute section as well to sort of introduce a controlled vocabulary there as well:

I added a GitHub issue to formally document that as well, but not sure when that will happen:

Nathan

On Jul 28, 2016, at 1:39 PM, Sofia Robb <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hello All,
Is there documentation about the various canned values? I would like to know more about this and how to use this feature. I am using 2.0.3 and I do not see anything about canned comments, or attributes, etc.

Thanks,
Sofia

Re: [Gmod-ajax] canned comments, etc

Sofia Robb
Thank you so much for the information. Sorry about sending to the wrong list, I meant to send to apollo and not jbrowse. Oops

On Thu, Jul 28, 2016 at 5:46 PM, Monica Munoz-Torres <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Sofia,

I may be assuming incorrectly, but you may be talking about the 'canned' values in Apollo, not JBrowse, correct?
If so, some of the functionality to add and edit canned comments, keys, and values has just been introduced and will be part of release 2.0.4 (still only have release candidates up), and some of it was introduced long ago (e.g. canned comments), but not very clearly documented in the past. We are in the process of updating these right now and will be part of the ChangeLog and documentation we release with 2.0.4.

We will be sure to announce its availability. Apologies for the inconvenience this may be causing right now.

cheers,
~moni.

On Thu, Jul 28, 2016 at 1:39 PM, Sofia Robb <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello All,
Is there documentation about the various canned values? I would like to know more about this and how to use this feature. I am using 2.0.3 and I do not see anything about canned comments, or attributes, etc.

Thanks,
Sofia

Mentorship Matters!
--
Monica Munoz-Torres, PhD.
Berkeley Bioinformatics Open-source Projects (BBOP)

Mailing Address:
Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory
1 Cyclotron Road Mailstop 977
Berkeley, CA 94720