Re: [Gmod-architecture] Migration of schema and architecture lists?

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: [Gmod-architecture] Migration of schema and architecture lists?

valentin.guignon-2
I agree as well. Thx Chris,

    Val

Le 26/06/2017 à 23:49, Josh Goodman a écrit :

> +1
>
> Josh
>
> On Mon, Jun 26, 2017 at 5:44 PM Chris Mungall <[hidden email]
> <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>
>     Looks like these lists are not used so much. Additionally, looks like
>     sourceforge may start kicking people off lists soon (see my email last
>     week to gmod-devel).
>
>     What do people think about kickstarting a new list on google groups,
>     merging architecture and schema? I think there is a need for this.
>     Earlier today I had someone who was moving their database to chado and
>     were asking me about ontology loading. Additionally, there is a lot of
>     fragmented efforts to make a kind of 'chado 2' on top of graph databases
>     like Neo4J. See http://bit.ly/gmod-graph-database. I know many of us are
>     probably happy in our individual slack channels for different projects
>     but I think there is a missed opportunity to work together here.
>
>     What I'm thinking is a new list gmod-architecture on google groups, with
>     broad contributions welcome, but with a focus on shared architecture
>     around graph databases.
>
>     ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>     Check out the vibrant tech community on one of the world's most
>     engaging tech sites, Slashdot.org! http://sdm.link/slashdot
>     _______________________________________________
>     Gmod-architecture mailing list
>     [hidden email]
>     <mailto:[hidden email]>
>     https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/gmod-architecture
>
>
>
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> Check out the vibrant tech community on one of the world's most
> engaging tech sites, Slashdot.org! http://sdm.link/slashdot
>
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> Gmod-schema mailing list
> [hidden email]
> https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/gmod-schema
>

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Check out the vibrant tech community on one of the world's most
engaging tech sites, Slashdot.org! http://sdm.link/slashdot
_______________________________________________
Gmod-schema mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/gmod-schema
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: [Gmod-architecture] Migration of schema and architecture lists?

Karl O. Pinc

> > On Mon, Jun 26, 2017 at 5:44 PM Chris Mungall <[hidden email]
> > <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:

> >     What do people think about kickstarting a new list on google
> > groups, merging architecture and schema?

The one problem with this is that, unlike a regular email list,
google groups requires that you have a google login and so
enables all the linking-together and tracking of personal
information that goes along with this.

I'm not objecting, per-se, but thought it worth a mention.

Regards,

Karl <[hidden email]>
Free Software:  "You don't pay back, you pay forward."
                 -- Robert A. Heinlein

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Check out the vibrant tech community on one of the world's most
engaging tech sites, Slashdot.org! http://sdm.link/slashdot
_______________________________________________
Gmod-schema mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/gmod-schema
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: [Gmod-architecture] Migration of schema and architecture lists?

Chris Mungall
I hear you. A while ago I looked for alternatives but nothing seemed
ideal.

On 27 Jun 2017, at 4:39, Karl O. Pinc wrote:

>>> On Mon, Jun 26, 2017 at 5:44 PM Chris Mungall <[hidden email]
>>> <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>
>>>     What do people think about kickstarting a new list on google
>>> groups, merging architecture and schema?
>
> The one problem with this is that, unlike a regular email list,
> google groups requires that you have a google login and so
> enables all the linking-together and tracking of personal
> information that goes along with this.
>
> I'm not objecting, per-se, but thought it worth a mention.
>
> Regards,
>
> Karl <[hidden email]>
> Free Software:  "You don't pay back, you pay forward."
>                  -- Robert A. Heinlein
>
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> Check out the vibrant tech community on one of the world's most
> engaging tech sites, Slashdot.org! http://sdm.link/slashdot
> _______________________________________________
> Gmod-schema mailing list
> [hidden email]
> https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/gmod-schema

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Check out the vibrant tech community on one of the world's most
engaging tech sites, Slashdot.org! http://sdm.link/slashdot
_______________________________________________
Gmod-schema mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/gmod-schema
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: [Gmod-architecture] Migration of schema and architecture lists?

Chris Mungall
Actually, I found this piece of information:

It is not well documented but for people
that don't want a google account and want to use the email version of
the list, they have to send an email to:

<nameofthelist>+[hidden email]

This is not easy to find in the google help.



On Tue, Jun 27, 2017 at 9:00 AM, Chris Mungall <[hidden email]> wrote:
I hear you. A while ago I looked for alternatives but nothing seemed ideal.

On 27 Jun 2017, at 4:39, Karl O. Pinc wrote:

On Mon, Jun 26, 2017 at 5:44 PM Chris Mungall <[hidden email]
<mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:

    What do people think about kickstarting a new list on google
groups, merging architecture and schema?

The one problem with this is that, unlike a regular email list,
google groups requires that you have a google login and so
enables all the linking-together and tracking of personal
information that goes along with this.

I'm not objecting, per-se, but thought it worth a mention.

Regards,

Karl <[hidden email]>
Free Software:  "You don't pay back, you pay forward."
                 -- Robert A. Heinlein

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Check out the vibrant tech community on one of the world's most
engaging tech sites, Slashdot.org! http://sdm.link/slashdot
_______________________________________________
Gmod-schema mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/gmod-schema


------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Check out the vibrant tech community on one of the world's most
engaging tech sites, Slashdot.org! http://sdm.link/slashdot
_______________________________________________
Gmod-schema mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/gmod-schema
Loading...