Re: [Gmod-tripal-devel] [Gmod-schema] cv relationships

Re: [Gmod-tripal-devel] [Gmod-schema] cv relationships

Stephen Ficklin-2
Hi Sanjuro,

We'd be interested to hear any feedback you may have on the Tripal bulk loader (good or bad) if you are so inclined.

Thanks,
Stephen

On 12/17/2013 7:13 PM, Sanjuro Jogdeo wrote:

Hello,

I'm starting to load plant collection data into chado through a Tripal bulk loader.  I'm a little bit confused about how to enter the country and state/province where the collection took place.  My initial setup was to create cvterms called country and province and create entries in the nd_geolocationprop table for each collection with the value as the country or state/province name and the type_id as either country or state/province.

But I'm wondering if instead I should be loading the country and province names into a cv and referencing them from the nd_geolocationprop table.  I'd prefer the first option, since it is easier but I am interested in knowing what the correct way of doing it would be.  Or doesn't it matter?

I looked around for an obo file for the ISO country/province values and I didn't see anything so I think I would have to create my own obo file.  And in the nd_geolocationprop table, what would the value field be set to if they cv_termid points to a specific country name?

Any suggestions would be welcome.

Thanks!

Sanjuro