Re: [Gmod-tripal-devel] [Gmod-schema] obographs JSON

Re: [Gmod-tripal-devel] [Gmod-schema] obographs JSON

Scott Cain
I think there a probably some people (besides me) using stag-storenode, but probably not many.  The majority of Chado users these days are using Tripal, so we'd want to see the current Tripal ontology loader updated as well.  I cc'ed the dev list to make sure they're aware of it too (though I imagine they're all on the Chado list too).

On Fri, Sep 2, 2016 at 7:38 AM, Chris Mungall <[hidden email]> wrote:

For a while there has been a need of a developer-friendly replacement
for OBO format. While advanced applications should target OWL, there a
number of things that make direct OWL consumption developer-unfriendly
(especially perl and python developers)

We have come up with a proposed JSON representation that is intended to
have the simplicity of OBO, with optional extensions for advanced OWL
axioms - in JSON or YAML:
https://github.com/geneontology/obographs

The intent is for any replacements for stage-storenode.pl to target this
(I'm not up to date on what people are currently using)

It shouldn't be regarded as stable yet - I'd like feedback from the GMOD
community first. Please email here or use the issue tracker with any
comments, thanks!