Re: [Gmod-tripal-devel] [Gmod-tripal] tripal_contact and nested combos

Re: [Gmod-tripal-devel] [Gmod-tripal] tripal_contact and nested combos

Stephen Ficklin-2
Hi Gaëtan,

Are there additions to your contact OBO file that might be of benefit to
others?  We could potentially update it to include some/all of your
additions if appropriate.  Feel free to send along if you like.

Also, if the OBO relationships are properly hierarchical then you should
be able to filter which ones appear in the property box when the contact
type is changed.  Im CC'ing the developers mailing list which is where
this conversation can be transferred. But, if you want to edit the code
the place to start is in the
tripal/tripal_contact/includes/tripal_contact.form.inc file.   In it,
(about line 90) you will see the SQL statement for selecting the
properties that will be shown.  You can adjust this to be more dynamic
based on the contact type, which is available via the $d_type_id
variable.   If the OBO term heirarchy is properly setup, then you can
adjust the SQL to select the top-level term where all if it's children
are for the proper type.  Make sense?

As for the natural diversity tables, Tripal does support visualization
of data stored in those tables.  Check out our demo site for example
pages: http://tripal.gmod.oicr.on.ca/1.1/ (germplasm page /
genotyping).  Tripal does not have loaders for those tables, however.
You can try to create templates using the bulk loader (which
unfortunately we do not yet have documentation for), or you can write
your own loaders in whatever language you prefer.

Hope this helps,
Stephen