Re: Natural diversity module conference call rescheduled to tomorrow - Apr 29th Thursday 10AM EST

Re: Natural diversity module conference call rescheduled to tomorrow - Apr 29th Thursday 10AM EST

Bob MacCallum
Hi,

(Note: this is an old email I am resurrecting)

> Good catches, I fixed these things in revs 23139 and 23140.  Do have /
> do you want a commit bit?
>
>>     * Dependency problem using makedep.pl since
>>       general.sql now uses cvterm in projectprop and
>>       project_relationship but cv.sql imports dbxref from general.sql.
>>        I tried adding the dependency on cvterm to general.sql but that
>>       of course creates a circular dependency.  Can the project tables
>>       be moved to another module which imports cvterm?
>
> I think there's probably a good case for moving these tables to their
> own 'Project' module that would depend on General.  Thoughts on this
> anyone?  If nobody says anything, I'll just do it.

I have just run into this exact same problem with makedep.pl - I can
do the move to project/project.sql also.
My SF username is 'bobular', please could you give me commit rights?

cheers,
Bob.

> Rob

Re: Natural diversity module conference call rescheduled to tomorrow - Apr 29th Thursday 10AM EST

Scott Cain
Hi Bob,

I added you as a developer, so you should have write access to svn now.

I have a request related to what you want to do, though: while I
appreciate Hilmar's work in writing makedep.pl, I don't use that for
building the default schema for releases.  I use
schema/chado/chado-module-metadata.xml, which has a fairly simple xml
structure.  The script schema/chado/bin/chado-build-schema.pl is a Tk
script that uses that xml file to build the schema interactively.
Could you please also update that xml file?

On Thu, Jun 17, 2010 at 8:31 AM, Bob MacCallum
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> (Note: this is an old email I am resurrecting)
>
>> Good catches, I fixed these things in revs 23139 and 23140.  Do have /
>> do you want a commit bit?
>>
>>>     * Dependency problem using makedep.pl since
>>>       general.sql now uses cvterm in projectprop and
>>>       project_relationship but cv.sql imports dbxref from general.sql.
>>>        I tried adding the dependency on cvterm to general.sql but that
>>>       of course creates a circular dependency.  Can the project tables
>>>       be moved to another module which imports cvterm?
>>
>> I think there's probably a good case for moving these tables to their
>> own 'Project' module that would depend on General.  Thoughts on this
>> anyone?  If nobody says anything, I'll just do it.
>
> I have just run into this exact same problem with makedep.pl - I can
> do the move to project/project.sql also.
> My SF username is 'bobular', please could you give me commit rights?
>
> cheers,
> Bob.
>

>> Rob

Re: Natural diversity module conference call rescheduled to tomorrow - Apr 29th Thursday 10AM EST

Yuri Bendana-3
Hi Scott,

I had trouble getting chad-build-schema.pl to run on my Mac, which is why I'm using makedep.pl.  Are there any plans to convert chado-build-schema.pl into a command-line script that doesn't depend on Tk?

yuri

<[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> (Note: this is an old email I am resurrecting)
>
>> Good catches, I fixed these things in revs 23139 and 23140.  Do have /
>> do you want a commit bit?
>>
>>>     * Dependency problem using makedep.pl since
>>>       general.sql now uses cvterm in projectprop and
>>>       project_relationship but cv.sql imports dbxref from general.sql.
>>>        I tried adding the dependency on cvterm to general.sql but that
>>>       of course creates a circular dependency.  Can the project tables
>>>       be moved to another module which imports cvterm?
>>
>> I think there's probably a good case for moving these tables to their
>> own 'Project' module that would depend on General.  Thoughts on this
>> anyone?  If nobody says anything, I'll just do it.
>
> I have just run into this exact same problem with makedep.pl - I can
> do the move to project/project.sql also.
> My SF username is 'bobular', please could you give me commit rights?
>
> cheers,
> Bob.
>

>> Rob

> http://p.sf.net/sfu/thinkgeek-promo

http://p.sf.net/sfu/thinkgeek-promo

Re: Natural diversity module conference call rescheduled to tomorrow - Apr 29th Thursday 10AM EST

Scott Cain
Hi Yuri,

No, I haven't really made a plan to do that.  Essentially, my view is
that "it works for me" and I'm really the only person who needs it, so
I can build release versions of the schema.  I haven't tried the
makedep script in several years, and I don't remember why I found it
lacking at the time, but I did, and the build process now uses the Tk
script.  I suppose I could be persuaded to look at makedep again, but
it probably wouldn't be a very high priority.

I have the Tk script running on my mac--the main thing you need is the
developers tools because you need X11.

Scott