Re: Request a favor regarding MAKER

Carson Holt
Sorry for the slow reply. This message somehow got overlooked. The lock is referring to a file lock. It usually means there is another active MAKER process that is trying to run in the same directory as your current maker process. This may mean you may have problems with the MPI setup if using MAKER under MPI. Or if you started MAKER multiple times simultaneously, then you got a collision when both are trying to work with the same data. Just kill all active MAKER processes and restart if that is the case.  If it’s an MPI issue run maker with the -h flag added to the the current MPI command you are using to run MAKER. If it prints the help message more than once, then the MPI communication ring is having an issue. This could be a problem with how you installed MAKER or how you installed MPI.

--Carson