Re: Rerun Pipeline unique ID error

Aaron Gussman
Hi Anup/list,
  I'm encountering the same problem as reported a year ago: rerunning
a pipeline won't work.  Each group in the iterator throws an error.
Most of the error messages are:

"Could not generate unique ID.Could not create an instance of ID
generator class. null"

although a few are:

"no drmaa in java.library.path"
or
"Could not initialize class com.sun.grid.drmaa.SessionImpl"

I've attached pipeline.xml.run.out (pipeline.xml.log was 6Mb).  Both
contain lots of java errors:

WARN 12:16:44:337 [Thread: ID:9334 - serial] CommandDispatcher
executeCommandSet:498 An Exception java.lang.IllegalAccessException:
Could not generate unique ID.Could not create an instance of ID
generator class. null occurred while processing serial
FATAL 12:16:44:337 [Thread: ID:9334 - serial] ExceptionHandler
handleExceptionQuietMode:137 Could not generate unique ID.Could not
create an instance of ID generator class. null

java.lang.IllegalAccessException: Could not generate unique ID.Could
not create an instance of ID generator class. null
        at org.tigr.htc.request.SGEMockServer.submit(SGEMockServer.java:390)
        at org.tigr.htc.request.HTCRequest.submit(HTCRequest.java:209)
        at org.tigr.workflow.common.RemoteDispatcher.submitHTCRequest(RemoteDispatcher.java:305)
        at org.tigr.workflow.common.RemoteDispatcher.reconnect(RemoteDispatcher.java:403)
        at org.tigr.workflow.common.RemoteDispatcher.processCommands(RemoteDispatcher.java:189)
        at org.tigr.workflow.common.CommandDispatcher.executeCommandSet(CommandDispatcher.java:474)
        at org.tigr.workflow.common.CommandDispatcher.run(CommandDispatcher.java:577)
        at org.tigr.antware.shared.concurrent.ThreadPoolWorker.runTarget(ThreadPoolWorker.java:243)
        at org.tigr.antware.shared.concurrent.ThreadPoolWorker.runTarget(ThreadPoolWorker.java:222)
        at org.tigr.antware.shared.concurrent.ThreadPoolWorker.access$000(ThreadPoolWorker.java:26)
        at org.tigr.antware.shared.concurrent.ThreadPoolWorker$1.run(ThreadPoolWorker.java:102)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)
Could not generate unique ID.Could not create an instance of ID
generator class. null

We're using MySQL for workflow id generation.  For Ergatis ID
generation we're using the default file-based perl module.

Does anyone have suggestions on correcting this?

Thanks for the help,
Aaron

On Fri, May 22, 2009 at 10:31 AM, Anup Mahurkar
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Aaron,
>
> Could you increase the log level (edit log4.properties file in workflow
> install area) and send me a copy of the log file along with the
> workflow.config and server-conf/htc.conf file. We restart workflows all the
> time after failures and typically do not encounter these problems. So
> curious.
>
> Anup
>

> On 5/22/09 9:52 AM, "Aaron Buechlein" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>> I have a question concerning pipeline error recovery/rerunning.  In the
>> past we were using FileIDGenerator for the id.generator, and we could
>> fix the error and rerun the pipeline which would continue were it left
>> off/failed.  However, with some help from Todd Creasy I was able to
>> switch the id.generator to MysqlIDGenerator.  Since then, I am unable to
>> successfully restart a pipeline.  The id.generator switch also coincided
>> with an Ergatis version update.  Typically, I receive this error message
>> on the restart: "Could not generate unique ID.Could not create an
>> instance of ID generator class.".  Is there a reliable way to restart
>> and recover a pipeline?
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Aaron

pipeline.xml.run.out (170K) Download Attachment

Re: Rerun Pipeline unique ID error

Mahurkar, Anup
Aaron,

Could you send me the workflow.config and server-cong/htc.conf file contents. Either the classpath is incorrect or the configuration is incorrect. Can hopefully tell you which one is the case by looking at the files.

Anup

  I'm encountering the same problem as reported a year ago: rerunning a pipeline won't work.  Each group in the iterator throws an error.
Most of the error messages are:

"Could not generate unique ID.Could not create an instance of ID generator class. null"

although a few are:

"no drmaa in java.library.path"
or
"Could not initialize class com.sun.grid.drmaa.SessionImpl"

I've attached pipeline.xml.run.out (pipeline.xml.log was 6Mb).  Both contain lots of java errors:

WARN 12:16:44:337 [Thread: ID:9334 - serial] CommandDispatcher
executeCommandSet:498 An Exception java.lang.IllegalAccessException:
Could not generate unique ID.Could not create an instance of ID generator class. null occurred while processing serial FATAL 12:16:44:337 [Thread: ID:9334 - serial] ExceptionHandler
handleExceptionQuietMode:137 Could not generate unique ID.Could not create an instance of ID generator class. null

java.lang.IllegalAccessException: Could not generate unique ID.Could not create an instance of ID generator class. null
        at org.tigr.htc.request.SGEMockServer.submit(SGEMockServer.java:390)
        at org.tigr.htc.request.HTCRequest.submit(HTCRequest.java:209)
        at org.tigr.workflow.common.RemoteDispatcher.submitHTCRequest(RemoteDispatcher.java:305)
        at org.tigr.workflow.common.RemoteDispatcher.reconnect(RemoteDispatcher.java:403)
        at org.tigr.workflow.common.RemoteDispatcher.processCommands(RemoteDispatcher.java:189)
        at org.tigr.workflow.common.CommandDispatcher.executeCommandSet(CommandDispatcher.java:474)
        at org.tigr.workflow.common.CommandDispatcher.run(CommandDispatcher.java:577)
        at org.tigr.antware.shared.concurrent.ThreadPoolWorker.runTarget(ThreadPoolWorker.java:243)
        at org.tigr.antware.shared.concurrent.ThreadPoolWorker.runTarget(ThreadPoolWorker.java:222)
        at org.tigr.antware.shared.concurrent.ThreadPoolWorker.access$000(ThreadPoolWorker.java:26)
        at org.tigr.antware.shared.concurrent.ThreadPoolWorker$1.run(ThreadPoolWorker.java:102)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)
Could not generate unique ID.Could not create an instance of ID generator class. null

We're using MySQL for workflow id generation.  For Ergatis ID generation we're using the default file-based perl module.

Does anyone have suggestions on correcting this?

Thanks for the help,
Aaron

On Fri, May 22, 2009 at 10:31 AM, Anup Mahurkar <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Aaron,
>
> Could you increase the log level (edit log4.properties file in
> workflow install area) and send me a copy of the log file along with
> the workflow.config and server-conf/htc.conf file. We restart
> workflows all the time after failures and typically do not encounter
> these problems. So curious.
>
> Anup
>

> On 5/22/09 9:52 AM, "Aaron Buechlein" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>> I have a question concerning pipeline error recovery/rerunning.  In
>> the past we were using FileIDGenerator for the id.generator, and we
>> could fix the error and rerun the pipeline which would continue were
>> it left off/failed.  However, with some help from Todd Creasy I was
>> able to switch the id.generator to MysqlIDGenerator.  Since then, I
>> am unable to successfully restart a pipeline.  The id.generator
>> switch also coincided with an Ergatis version update.  Typically, I
>> receive this error message on the restart: "Could not generate unique
>> ID.Could not create an instance of ID generator class.".  Is there a
>> reliable way to restart and recover a pipeline?
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Aaron

Re: Rerun Pipeline unique ID error

Aaron Gussman
To followup, the problem was that the ID generator settings in
workflow.config weren't the same as the ones in htc.conf (htc.conf had
outdated keys).  Updating the key/value pairs in htc.conf with the
settings from workflow.config corrected the issue.

Thanks Anup for helping me track down and correct the problem.

-Aaron