Re: maker-devel post from jgrant@smith.edu requires approval

Carson Holt-2
MAKER on its own can run under MPI to run on multiple cores or across multiple machines on a local computer cluster. It can also restart as long as you run in the same directory. However when controlled by Galaxy I do not know if the restart is possible since Galaxy controls the run directory. Similarly I don’t know if Galaxy can launch it via MPI.

—Carson

From: Jessica Grant <[hidden email]>
Subject: Possible to restart maker run through a local galaxy?
Date: August 6, 2020 at 12:06:57 PM MDT

Hi,

I have a local galaxy instance and installed maker through the tool shed.  I have been running it on a large genome and it had been running on one core for a few weeks.  Then my IT guys needed to take the server down so  stopped the run.

I wonder if I can restart it - I have all the intermediate files in my /galaxy/database/jobs_directory and also, is there a way to run it on multiple cores?

Thank you!

Jessica

Subject: confirm 6c52cdc17b7f8c4718d930157625ecc62c32c681
Date: August 6, 2020 at 12:07:14 PM MDT

Mailman will discard the held message.  Do this if the message is
spam.  If you reply to this message and include an Approved: header
to the list.  The Approved: header can also appear in the first line
of the body of the reply.