Re: maker-devel post from wei.xiong@wur.nl requires approval

Carson Holt-2
Sorry for the slow reply. You can merge them into one file, specify multiple files using a comma to separate the list. If you choose the comma option you can also add tags the GFF3 by including a ‘:’ and then a tag after each file name.

Example protein=file1.fasta:swissprot,file2.fasta:NCBI,file3.fasta:N_vect

—Carson

From: "Xiong, Wei" <[hidden email]>
Subject: protein homology evidence
Date: July 24, 2020 at 3:04:43 AM MDT

Dear colleague,

I couldn’t find a related answer online for the following question that might sound silly.
If I want to include protein homology evidence from multiple species, what should I do?
Can I directly merge the protein sequence files of different species and feed it to MAKER?
Thank you for your help in advance. I look forward to hearing from you.
I wish you a pleasant and healthy summer!

Met vriendelijke groet,
With kind regards,

Wei Xiong
PhD candidate | Wageningen University & Research
Plant Science Group | Biosystematics Group Radix Building 107 Droevendaalsesteeg 1
6708 PB Wageningen
The Netherlands

Subject: confirm 3d4c53a4046dc382d8a1b23e1e2077e90cc821b6
Date: July 24, 2020 at 3:04:58 AM MDT

Mailman will discard the held message.  Do this if the message is
spam.  If you reply to this message and include an Approved: header
to the list.  The Approved: header can also appear in the first line
of the body of the reply.