Redundant FASTA headers

Bastian Schiffthaler
Hi,

I'm running the MPI version of MAKER and I'm supplying seven different
trinity assemblies (different experiments) as evidence. Now trinity will
not generate unique FASTA headers >across< files, so I'm wondering if
there could be an issue with ID collision? What does MAKER use the
headers for? Could it create race conditions in temp files?

Thanks in advance,
Bastian

Re: Redundant FASTA headers

Carson Holt-2
Headers are used to pull individual sequences out for exonerate polishing. So non-unique headers could result in the wrong sequence being pulled out (it makes the fasta index ambiguous).

—Carson