Rerun only groups

Celine Noirot
Hi,
I've an ergatis component which iterate on 50 files. Certain groups failed.
Does there is a way to relaunch only the groups which failed and not all
the component ?
Best regards
Céline

--

Céline Noirot
Plateforme Bioinfo Genotoul- Unité BIA - INRA Toulouse 31326 Castanet-Tolosan

Re: Rerun only groups

Mahurkar, Anup
Yes. If the workflow terminated you can restart it and it will run failed steps. If it is still running you can use ControlWorkflow.

Anup

On Apr 11, 2012, at 4:44 AM, "Celine Noirot" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
> I've an ergatis component which iterate on 50 files. Certain groups failed.
> Does there is a way to relaunch only the groups which failed and not all
> the component ?
> Best regards
> Céline
>

> --
>
> Céline Noirot
> Plateforme Bioinfo Genotoul- Unité BIA - INRA Toulouse 31326 Castanet-Tolosan
> Tel. 05 61 28 57 24
> http://bioinfo.genotoul.fr

Re: Rerun only groups

Mahurkar, Anup
I should clarify a little bit more. So ControlWorkflow is a command line tool that you can use to restart a part of an existing running workflow. The way you invoke is that you have to source the file exec_env.sh, which is in workflow installation directory. The command to invoke then is:

ControlWorkflow -i <instance filename> command IDs

This will restart the command IDs that you specify. These are the workflow IDs that you see in the Ergatis interface.

Workflow documentation is her if you need more info: http://tigr-workflow.sourceforge.net/

Check with users guide link.

Yes. If the workflow terminated you can restart it and it will run failed steps. If it is still running you can use ControlWorkflow.

Anup

On Apr 11, 2012, at 4:44 AM, "Celine Noirot" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
> I've an ergatis component which iterate on 50 files. Certain groups failed.
> Does there is a way to relaunch only the groups which failed and not
> all the component ?
> Best regards
> Céline
>

> --
>
> Céline Noirot
> Plateforme Bioinfo Genotoul- Unité BIA - INRA Toulouse 31326
> Castanet-Tolosan Tel. 05 61 28 57 24 http://bioinfo.genotoul.fr

Re: Rerun only groups

Celine Noirot
Thanks for those info.
I rerun from ergatis interface and now I have the error :
"message: Could not generate unique ID.Could not create an instance of
ID generator class. null "

I checked that workflow.config and server-cong/htc.conf have the same
generator Id.
I joinned my files, do you see eny errors ?

Yours sincerely

Le 11/04/2012 18:27, Mahurkar, Anup a écrit :

> I should clarify a little bit more. So ControlWorkflow is a command line tool that you can use to restart a part of an existing running workflow. The way you invoke is that you have to source the file exec_env.sh, which is in workflow installation directory. The command to invoke then is:
>
> ControlWorkflow -i<instance filename>  command IDs
>
> This will restart the command IDs that you specify. These are the workflow IDs that you see in the Ergatis interface.
>
> Workflow documentation is her if you need more info: http://tigr-workflow.sourceforge.net/
>
> Check with users guide link.

htc.conf (2K) Download Attachment
workflow.config (1K) Download Attachment

Re: Rerun only groups

Mahurkar, Anup
I do not see any errors in the files. What version of workflow do you have
installed? Also, have you tried resuming pipelines before?  I will chat
with Joshua to see if he has any suggestions.

Anup