#SGE_DIRECTIVE location

Aaron Buechlein
Hello Everyone,
I'm looking into modifying the default priority for RunWorkflow jobs and
notice that it is being set using #SGE_DIRECTIVE.  Can someone direct me
to where these are set?
Thanks,

Aaron Buechlein

Re: #SGE_DIRECTIVE location

Mahurkar, Anup
Aaron,

These are set by the underlying workflow system. You can tweak some of these values in the htc.conf file in workflow installation. What were you specifically trying to do? Set the global priority or priority for specific jobs?

I'm looking into modifying the default priority for RunWorkflow jobs and notice that it is being set using #SGE_DIRECTIVE.  Can someone direct me to where these are set?
Thanks,

Aaron Buechlein

Re: #SGE_DIRECTIVE location

Aaron Buechlein
Hi Anup,
Thanks for the response.  I'm trying to set the global priority.  For
example, we have several workflow installations, development,
production, etc., and I'd like to give a lower priority to the global
development environment.  I've grep'd around the workflow files but
haven't been able to find where to change this particular value.
Thanks,

Aaron

Mahurkar, Anup wrote:

> Aaron,
>
> These are set by the underlying workflow system. You can tweak some of these values in the htc.conf file in workflow installation. What were you specifically trying to do? Set the global priority or priority for specific jobs?

Re: #SGE_DIRECTIVE location

Joshua Orvis
Aaron -

This is a bit of a hack, but if this is a common need we can abstract it out to a config file later.  For now, I spoke with Anup about what would be needed and found where it would need to go in the Ergatis code.  You'll need to edit your replace_template_keys.pl script from Ergatis and search for 'dceSpec' where it is created.  (in my version, line 117).  There you can add any sge directives to be passed via Workflow and the only current one is 'OS'.  You'll need to add this:

<priority>$val</priority>

Where $val is one of the following:

very low
low
medium
high
very high

That won't chance any already-built pipelines, but any new ones with iterative components will get this new setting.  Anup offered another method to fix this so it could be set easier globally but won't be able to get to it until the week after next.

Let us know if this doesn't work.

Joshua

Mahurkar, Anup wrote:
> Aaron,
>
> These are set by the underlying workflow system. You can tweak some of these values in the htc.conf file in workflow installation. What were you specifically trying to do? Set the global priority or priority for specific jobs?

Re: #SGE_DIRECTIVE location

Aaron Buechlein
Hi Joshua,
I'll give this a shot a let you know how it goes.  This would be fine
for our development areas.
Thanks,

Aaron