Seq Download by feature (only exons, introns)

Seq Download by feature (only exons, introns)

Samy Jeevan Karloss Antony
Hei,

I have installed GBrowse.

I want to add an option to GBrowse where users can download only “exons” or “introns” or mRNA sequence of a gene/regions.

Is there any Add-ons already to fix this? or any other solutions?

Thanks,
Jeevan

Re: Seq Download by feature (only exons, introns)

Scott Cain
Hi Jeevan,

There isn't a plugin that will do that directly, though I don't think it would be too hard for someone to modify the sequence dumper to do it.  The quick alternative is to create separate tracks with just the feature types you want to allow people to download (an exon track, an intron track, etc) and point users to the "Download Sequence File" configuration for "Feature FASTA".

Scott