Solr after 4.2.0 upgrade

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Solr after 4.2.0 upgrade

kkarra@stanford.edu
In case it is of use to others, after upgrading to 4.2.0 keyword search was broken throwing this error

Expected mime type application/octet-stream but got text/html. <html>
<head>
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html;charset=utf-8"/>
<title>Error 404 Not Found</title>
</head>
<body><h2>HTTP ERROR 404</h2>

Recreating ‘cores’ in solr helped solve the problem.


_______________________________________________
dev mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.intermine.org/mailman/listinfo/dev
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Solr after 4.2.0 upgrade

Sam Hokin-3
I think I had to recreate my "cores" when I went from 7.7.3 to 8.6.2 as well.

On 10/27/20 4:20 PM, Kalpana Karra wrote:

> In case it is of use to others, after upgrading to 4.2.0 keyword search was broken throwing this error
>
> Expected mime type application/octet-stream but got text/html. <html>
> <head>
> <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html;charset=utf-8"/>
> <title>Error 404 Not Found</title>
> </head>
> <body><h2>HTTP ERROR 404</h2>
>
> Recreating ‘cores’ in solr helped solve the problem.
>
> https://stackoverflow.com/questions/29277972/indexing-documents-using-solr-results-in-expected-mime-type-application-octet-st
>
> _______________________________________________
> dev mailing list
> [hidden email]
> https://lists.intermine.org/mailman/listinfo/dev
>
_______________________________________________
dev mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.intermine.org/mailman/listinfo/dev
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Solr after 4.2.0 upgrade

Paulo Nuin
Hi

I copy over the cores from dev to production with every new build

Cheers

Paulo

Sent from my iPhone

> On Oct 27, 2020, at 17:29, Sam Hokin <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I think I had to recreate my "cores" when I went from 7.7.3 to 8.6.2 as well.
>
>> On 10/27/20 4:20 PM, Kalpana Karra wrote:
>> In case it is of use to others, after upgrading to 4.2.0 keyword search was broken throwing this error
>> Expected mime type application/octet-stream but got text/html. <html>
>> <head>
>> <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html;charset=utf-8"/>
>> <title>Error 404 Not Found</title>
>> </head>
>> <body><h2>HTTP ERROR 404</h2>
>> Recreating ‘cores’ in solr helped solve the problem.
>> https://stackoverflow.com/questions/29277972/indexing-documents-using-solr-results-in-expected-mime-type-application-octet-st
>> _______________________________________________
>> dev mailing list
>> [hidden email]
>> https://lists.intermine.org/mailman/listinfo/dev
> _______________________________________________
> dev mailing list
> [hidden email]
> https://lists.intermine.org/mailman/listinfo/dev
_______________________________________________
dev mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.intermine.org/mailman/listinfo/dev
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Solr after 4.2.0 upgrade

Daniela Butano-2
Dear Kalpana,
thanks for sharing the issue and the solution :)
I do not think that the issue is related to the intermine version.
The Autocomplete and SolrIndexHandler java classes (which are called
during the postpocess) only delete previuos indexes, see here:
solrClient.deleteByQuery("*:*");
solrClient.commit();
not the cores which need to be created manually -only once- after
installing solr or any new version of solr.
Have you installed a new version of solr?
Please, let us know, if this happens again (hopefully not!)

Thanks for sharing,
Daniela

> Hi
>
> I copy over the cores from dev to production with every new build
>
> Cheers
>
> Paulo
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
>> On Oct 27, 2020, at 17:29, Sam Hokin <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> I think I had to recreate my "cores" when I went from 7.7.3 to 8.6.2
>> as well.
>>
>>> On 10/27/20 4:20 PM, Kalpana Karra wrote:
>>> In case it is of use to others, after upgrading to 4.2.0 keyword
>>> search was broken throwing this error
>>> Expected mime type application/octet-stream but got text/html. <html>
>>> <head>
>>> <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html;charset=utf-8"/>
>>> <title>Error 404 Not Found</title>
>>> </head>
>>> <body><h2>HTTP ERROR 404</h2>
>>> Recreating ‘cores’ in solr helped solve the problem.
>>> https://stackoverflow.com/questions/29277972/indexing-documents-using-solr-results-in-expected-mime-type-application-octet-st
>>> _______________________________________________
>>> dev mailing list
>>> [hidden email]
>>> https://lists.intermine.org/mailman/listinfo/dev
>> _______________________________________________
>> dev mailing list
>> [hidden email]
>> https://lists.intermine.org/mailman/listinfo/dev
> _______________________________________________
> dev mailing list
> [hidden email]
> https://lists.intermine.org/mailman/listinfo/dev

_______________________________________________
dev mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.intermine.org/mailman/listinfo/dev