Strain table in organism.sql - trunk - not installed with Chado

Strain table in organism.sql - trunk - not installed with Chado

sganesh02
Hello Scott and other members,

I just saw today that there is SQL to create a set of Strain tables in the organism.sql file that I checked out from trunk before installation(Feb 2013), but the tables was not created in the chado installation.

I did not find any mention or description of these set of tables as part of organism module in any of the schema/table descriptions pages either.

What is the purpose of this strain table ?
Is it meant to be created with the default Chado installtion ? (i.e. my installation has issues)
Is there a plan to be able to store strain level annotations/features without having to resort to the species+strain concatenation that Chado recommends at several places for such a scenario ? (I do see a strain_feature table that seems to be in this direction..)

Ganesh

Re: Strain table in organism.sql - trunk - not installed with Chado

Scott Cain
Hi Ganesh,

The strain tables are not part of the default schema yet, and so are not installed when you install Chado (they would be present in the 1.30 release, but that hasn't even been discussed yet).  That code was committed (without any comments) by the developers at Harvard, so I'll let them answer about how they are using them.

Scott