Trouble loading Features during Tutorial

Trouble loading Features during Tutorial

Sanjuro Jogdeo
Hi there,

I've had a few issues with the running through the v1.0 Tripal tutorial, the most troublesome of which are related to uploading the Sweet Orange features via gff and fasta.  The features upload successfully but when I view features, the "unique name" and "name" fields come up as concatenations of uniquename-type-scaffold.  They appear to be stored in the database this way as well.

Inline image 1

A couple of minor issues/comments:
1.  Loading a gff file is not nearly as verbose as pictured in the tutorial.  I don't see a message with a log file or the log file itself.  What directory is the log file in?  Or has it been removed?
2.  When Syncing features, the CKeditor adds <p> marks on either side of the feature types, which inhibited proper parsing of the types.  Once I switched to plain text and removed the <p> marks, it worked file.

Any suggestions would be great.  I'd love to help troubleshoot but I don't have the faintest idea of where to start.  If you want to point me in a particular direction, I'm game to try.

Thanks!

Sanjuro Jogdeo
Faculty Research Assistant
Oregon State University
Cronn and Liston Labs

Re: Trouble loading Features during Tutorial

Scott Cain
Hi Sanjuro,

This is really a question about the Tripal tutorial, so I'm going to cc it over to there.

Scott

Sent from my iPhone