Turn off "Download this track" feature??

Turn off "Download this track" feature??

Margie Manker

Hello

We need to turn off the "Download this track" functionality for one of our tracks; users are allowed to view the data in the track but not allowed to download the track. We've thus far not found a solution in the GBrowse documentation or in previous postings to the mailing lists.

Has anyone figured out how to do this? Or can someone point us in the right direction to turn off this feature for one track only?

We are using GBrowse 2.39.

Thanks.

Re: Turn off "Download this track" feature??

Scott Cain
Hi Margie,

I'm reasonably sure this can't be done at the moment.  My best
suggestion at the moment is to open a feature request:

  https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=27707&atid=391294

Scott

On Wed, Jan 4, 2012 at 3:22 PM, Margie Manker <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello
>

> We need to turn off the "Download this track" functionality for one of our
> tracks; users are allowed to view the data in the track but not allowed to
> download the track. We've thus far not found a solution in the GBrowse
> documentation or in previous postings to the mailing lists.
>

> Has anyone figured out how to do this? Or can someone point us in the right
> direction to turn off this feature for one track only?
>

> We are using GBrowse 2.39.
>

> Thanks.

Re: Turn off "Download this track" feature??

Todd Harris
An expedient administrative solution might be to intercept the request at your http server|proxy and send the user to a disclaimer page saying that downloads of that track aren't allowed.

Todd

On Jan 4, 2012, at 2:51 PM, Scott Cain <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Margie,
>
> I'm reasonably sure this can't be done at the moment.  My best
> suggestion at the moment is to open a feature request:
>
>  https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=27707&atid=391294
>
> Scott
>

> On Wed, Jan 4, 2012 at 3:22 PM, Margie Manker <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Hello
>>

>> We need to turn off the "Download this track" functionality for one of our
>> tracks; users are allowed to view the data in the track but not allowed to
>> download the track. We've thus far not found a solution in the GBrowse
>> documentation or in previous postings to the mailing lists.
>>

>> Has anyone figured out how to do this? Or can someone point us in the right
>> direction to turn off this feature for one track only?
>>

>> We are using GBrowse 2.39.
>>

>> Thanks.

> Scott Cain, Ph. D.                                   scott at scottcain dot net
> GMOD Coordinator (http://gmod.org/)                     216-392-3087
> Ontario Institute for Cancer Research

Re: Turn off "Download this track" feature??

Lincoln Stein
Easy enough to implement. I'll add it to the TODO list.

Lincoln

On Wed, Jan 4, 2012 at 3:22 PM, Margie Manker <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hello

We need to turn off the "Download this track" functionality for one of our tracks; users are allowed to view the data in the track but not allowed to download the track. We've thus far not found a solution in the GBrowse documentation or in previous postings to the mailing lists.

Has anyone figured out how to do this? Or can someone point us in the right direction to turn off this feature for one track only?

We are using GBrowse 2.39.

Thanks.

Lincoln D. Stein
101 College St., Suite 800