Two organism in a GBrowse installed system

Two organism in a GBrowse installed system

rayapadi swetha
Dear sir,

I have a doubt.

I am working on two different bacterial organisms. I am successful in creating a database and using Gbrowse for a organism. But I want to use the same Gbrowse for the second organism database. But with different data source. Is it possible? if so, please send me the steps how to do.

For example:

In Gbrowse data source, I have following strains for first organism

Suppose, if i switched over the second organism database, the Gbrowse data source should have

How to do this sir?

-Swetha R G.

Re: Two organism in a GBrowse installed system

Scott Cain
Hi Swetha,

To provide users a second organism, all you have to do is create a second configuration file that uses the second data source.  You may have noticed that with GBrowse as it is installed by default, there are multiple different configuration files (two separate yeasts, a tutorial file if you've done the tutorial, a population display demo and a renderfarm demo): you just have to do the same thing for your data.

Please let us know if this doesn't make sense to you.

Scott