Unable to create a new annotation with a new feature type

Unable to create a new annotation with a new feature type

Loraine Guéguen-2
Dear apollo list,

We have created a new feature type with the admin panel.
But this new type is not available when right clicking on an exiting
feature ("change annotation type") in the User-created annotation or
when right clicking on a feature in the evidence panel ("create new
annotation").

Is there something more to do in order to make this new feature type
available ?

We use Apollo 2.0.4

Thanks in advance

Loraine Guéguen

--
Loraine Guéguen

Plateforme ABiMS (Analyses and Bioinformatics for Marine Sciences)
Service Informatique et Bioinformatique
Station Biologique de Roscoff
FR 2424 CNRS UPMC
Place Georges Teissier
CS 90074
29688 Roscoff cedex
tel: ++33 (0)2 98 29 56 46 (interne : 415)
http://abims.sb-roscoff.fr/
http://www.sb-roscoff.fr/

Re: Unable to create a new annotation with a new feature type

nathandunn

Sorry, this isn’t documented properly.  Those FeatureType’s are used by the CannedKey, CannedComment, etc. for filtering canned comments.   e.g., some Canned Comments (e.g., replaces gene) would only be available to genes and not Repeat Regions, etc.

However, I really like this idea.   We have some unused “Custom” Types that could inherit appropriate functionality, but still support the proper annotation.

What type / type(s) are you trying to add?  We can also add custom types as first-class citizens, as well (just create a GH issue).

Nathan

On Aug 31, 2016, at 7:01 AM, Loraine Guéguen <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

In fact, one of our scaffolds contains the mitochondrial genome and we want to tag this region of the sequence as mitochondrial DNA by adding an annotation. On the other hand, the mitochondrial genome is about to be added as a new genome (organism), and will be annotated with genes in this place. We have the same issue for the chloroplastic genome.

For that, so far, we have created an annotation with feature type "pseudogene" to tag the region of the sequence.

In the meantime, I added feature types mitochondrial_DNA (SO:0001032) and chloroplast_DNA (SO:0001033), thinking that they could be used to tag the mitochondrial and chloroplastic regions on the scaffolds, what would be more right than the feature type pseudogene.

Never mind, that's not a crucial issue !

What do you mean by "custom Feature Type" ? What is this for ?

Loraine