Update Script Died

Vallejos, Andrew

With error message:

search and replace failed 512 at update_to_0.94 line 38.

======================

Andrew Vallejos

Web Developer II

Biotechnology and Bioengineering Center

Medical College of Wisconsin

414-955-4104

Re: Update Script Died

Julie Sullivan
Andrew,

Is there anything in the log file?

The default log file is ~/intermine_update.0.94.log

http://intermine.org/wiki/UpgradeScript

> With error message:
>

> search and replace failed 512 at update_to_0.94 line 38.
>

> ======================
>
> Andrew Vallejos
>
> Web Developer II
>
> Biotechnology and Bioengineering Center
>
> Medical College of Wisconsin
>
> 414-955-4104

Re: Update Script Died

Vallejos, Andrew
There is no log file.

The default log file is ~/intermine_update.0.94.log

http://intermine.org/wiki/UpgradeScript

> With error message:
>

> search and replace failed 512 at update_to_0.94 line 38.
>

> ======================
>
> Andrew Vallejos
>
> Web Developer II
>
> Biotechnology and Bioengineering Center
>
> Medical College of Wisconsin
>
> 414-955-4104

Re: Update Script Died

Julie Sullivan
Can you send everything in your terminal, eg the command you ran and any
output after that?

Or did it die immediately?

> There is no log file.

Re: Update Script Died

Vallejos, Andrew
[intermine@stearman scripts]$ perl update_to_0.94 revert
Died at update_build_properties line 45.
search and replace failed 512 at update_to_0.94 line 38.

Can you send everything in your terminal, eg the command you ran and any
output after that?

Or did it die immediately?

> There is no log file.

Re: Update Script Died

Julie Sullivan
Thanks Andrew, that makes more sense.

So you are trying to revert your changes?  Can you just do that manually instead
(eg. use svn revert)?  Or are there too many files?

Apparently reverting doesn't seem to be as robust as it should be.

Vallejos, Andrew wrote:

> [intermine@stearman scripts]$ perl update_to_0.94 revert
> Died at update_build_properties line 45.
> search and replace failed 512 at update_to_0.94 line 38.

Re: Update Script Died

Vallejos, Andrew
I got the same result from running both 'revert' and 'all'.  I first ran
all, and then ran revert (in case it actually did something before it
died).

Vallejos, Andrew wrote:

> [intermine@stearman scripts]$ perl update_to_0.94 revert
> Died at update_build_properties line 45.
> search and replace failed 512 at update_to_0.94 line 38.

Re: Update Script Died

Julie Sullivan
Can you send me your config file?

Vallejos, Andrew wrote:

> I got the same result from running both 'revert' and 'all'.  I first ran
> all, and then ran revert (in case it actually did something before it
> died).

Re: Update Script Died

Julie Sullivan
Andrew,

Apologies, the docs were wrong, I have updated them.

In Step 8 you should run:

        ./update_to_0.94 build

In Step 11 you should run:

        ./update_to_0.94 paths

You shouldn't ever run "all".  Sorry for the confusion.

Julie Sullivan wrote:

> Can you send me your config file?
>
> Vallejos, Andrew wrote:
>> I got the same result from running both 'revert' and 'all'.  I first ran
>> all, and then ran revert (in case it actually did something before it
>> died).

Re: Update Script Died

Vallejos, Andrew
Thanks,

That worked, but I didn't get a log file.  Is it only supposed to create
a log if it fails?

Julie Sullivan wrote:
> Can you send me your config file?
>
> Vallejos, Andrew wrote:
>> I got the same result from running both 'revert' and 'all'.  I first
ran
>> all, and then ran revert (in case it actually did something before it
>> died).

Re: Update Script Died

Julie Sullivan
I think the script only logs the changes made in the second step, with the
"path" target.  Then it will detail every file it changes.  Let me know if
it doesn't.

It would be clearer, I think, if the script always logged changes.