Update Script Using all available memory

Update Script Using all available memory

Vallejos, Andrew

I just updated RatMine’s QTL to XML script using the new Perl API.  The problem is that the script, which is processing a ~800KB file quickly uses up all the available RAM on my Mac (8GB) and fails around line 138 of 1772.  The script ran on the old API (I really just did a replace all for ItemFactory).  Any insight into why the new API is more memory intensive and/or suggestions for bringing down my overhead?

Andrew Vallejos

Web Developer II

Biotechnology and Bioengineering Center

Medical College of Wisconsin