Upload bed files seems to be hung

Jean Jasinski
I submitted 2 bed files for upload to Galaxy a couple of hours ago, and it shows "the job is waiting to run."  I have never had an upload take so long.  The status page said everything was working normally with no issues reported today.

Is there an issue with the job queue or is the system just heavily loaded?

Thanks,
Jean Jasinski

Re: Upload bed files seems to be hung

Jennifer Hillman-Jackson
Hi Jean,

This occurred at the public Galaxy Main server https://usegalaxy.org?

If so, this server is under heavy load, and even Upload jobs may queue for
a bit longer than usual. Allow all queued jobs to stay queued. Avoid
deleting and rerunning jobs with hopes of jobs running faster that way.
Rerunning loses the original job's queue placement and the new job is added
back to the end again, further extending wait time. Your jobs probably
completed by now, but if you need more help, please let us know.

Should you be working at a different Galaxy, know that most are also very
busy. But you can check with the server administrators to confirm. All
known public Galaxy servers are listed in the *Galaxy Platform Directory*.
Contact information is sometimes included in their directory listing and
sometimes on the server's home page itself: https://galaxyproject.org/use/.
If you cannot find it, write back and note the base URL of the server, and
we can try to help more.

Thanks for reporting the problem, and for your patience!

Jen

--
Jennifer Hillman-Jackson
Galaxy Application Support