Using the Uberon integrated cross-species ontology

Using the Uberon integrated cross-species ontology

Mara Kim-2
I have a need for a formalized controlled vocabulary for anatomical structures, and I was wondering if anyone has any experience using Uberon (http://uberon.github.io/) along side the Gene Ontology.

The documentation says that its designed to work seamlessly alongside GO, but seeing as how I've already got GO installed, I'm not entirely sure how to proceed.  My GO dependent data is currently minimal, so I wonder if I should just delete GO and install the Uberon-ext which "imports a subset" of GO, or would it be better to keep GO?  Also, I am going to want to be able to describe cross species anatomy, so should I be going for the composite-metazoan ontology instead?  What does this mean in terms of the GO ontology?

Who knew something could be simultaneously so helpful and confusing! XD It looks pretty awesome, though.  Chris, you are listed as corresponding author.  Do you have any suggestions?

Must GO Uber,
Mara Kim

Ph.D. Candidate
Computational Biology