Quantcast

Web Service Scripts

Stiles, Morgaine
Hi there,

I want to be able to extract Web Apollo annotations from the command line, and have been looking into the web services scripts - it seems like exportFeatures.sh may do this, however, I’m having issues running it. When I enter the shell directory ( /docs/web_services/examples/shell) and try to run it, I get the reply “command not found”. Any help with this would be much appreciated!
I don’t know if I’m missing something incredibly basic, so apologies if this is a really simple thing!

Thank you,

Morgaine

Re: Web Service Scripts

Deepak Unni
Hi Morgaine,

The exportFeatures.sh script relies on curl. Do you have curl installed on your local machine?

If the 'command not found' is not referring to curl then perhaps its related to the way the shell script is being invoked.
When you are in the shell directory (docs/web_services/examples/shell) try executing the script as follows:
./exportFeatures.sh

Apologies if these solutions sound to primitive. Just trying to rule out the basic causes :)

On Thu, May 18, 2017 at 6:28 PM, Stiles, Morgaine <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi there,

I want to be able to extract Web Apollo annotations from the command line, and have been looking into the web services scripts - it seems like exportFeatures.sh may do this, however, I’m having issues running it. When I enter the shell directory ( /docs/web_services/examples/shell) and try to run it, I get the reply “command not found”. Any help with this would be much appreciated!
I don’t know if I’m missing something incredibly basic, so apologies if this is a really simple thing!

Thank you,

Morgaine

Research Analyst
S104A Animal Science Research Center,
University of Missouri, Columbia

Re: Web Service Scripts

Stiles, Morgaine
Thank you,

I think the issue is that curl is installed but I am getting an error message from it - curl: /~/software/ParticleRuntime/v84/bin/glnxa64/libcurl.so.4: no version information available (required by curl) - I’m having trouble fixing this… uninstalling and reinstalling curl doesn’t work… I know this is a long shot and not really an Apollo issue, but have you encountered this before (and if so, do you have a fix?)

Thanks again,

Morgaine
On 19 May 2017, at 00:45, Deepak Unni <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

I haven't seen this issue with curl but a bit of searching tells me that it might have to do with multiple versions of curl being installed on the same machine or something went wrong while reinstalling curl.

Hope this helps!

Cheers,

Deepak

On Fri, May 19, 2017 at 8:16 AM, Stiles, Morgaine <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Thank you Deepak,

I’ll have a play around with uninstalling and reinstalling then!

Thanks again,

Morgaine