Web Services for Chado / Tripal

Stephen Ficklin-2
Hello,

We are looking to begin construction of web services for access to data
in remote Chado databases.  These web services will be developed within
the Tripal framework. Thus anyone with an existing Tripal site will have
the potential to provide  web services to their users, or those with a
Chado installation can do the same by installing Tripal and connecting
it to their existing Chado database.

Development of these web services is funded by an NSF DIBBs
(http://nsf.gov/awardsearch/showAward?AWD_ID=1443040) award.  A major
objective in this grant is to use these web services to facilitate data
sharing between two or more Tripal sites and to facilitate data
integration into Galaxy Workflows. However, we want to ensure that these
web services are comprehensive and address the broadest needs.  Thus, we
are opening the design discussion for these web services to anyone who
would like to attend.  To support the maximum number of attendees, I
have created a Doodle poll.  If you are interested in attending, please
click the link below, add your name to the poll and select dates and
times you are available to meet by teleconference.  We will use a
teleconference services such as GoTo Meeting.

http://doodle.com/g83w3pkuwrgcxqqx

If you have any questions or suggestions prior to the meeting, please
feel free to contact me directly.

I'm looking forward to your participation,
Stephen

Re: Web Services for Chado / Tripal

Stephen Ficklin-2
Hi All,

Thanks for those who provided a time for the web services meeting.  It
looks the best time for everyone is Thursday Jan 16th at the following
times:

2:30 Eastern US
1:30 Central US
1:30 Saskatchewan
11:30 Pacific US

I will send out connection information as we get a bit closer to the
meeting.  I will also attempt to provide some preliminary design
documents for discussion.

Thanks for your participation!
Stephen

On 12/3/2014 5:20 PM, Stephen Ficklin wrote:

> Hello,
>
> We are looking to begin construction of web services for access to
> data in remote Chado databases.  These web services will be developed
> within the Tripal framework. Thus anyone with an existing Tripal site
> will have the potential to provide  web services to their users, or
> those with a Chado installation can do the same by installing Tripal
> and connecting it to their existing Chado database.
>
> Development of these web services is funded by an NSF DIBBs
> (http://nsf.gov/awardsearch/showAward?AWD_ID=1443040) award.  A major
> objective in this grant is to use these web services to facilitate
> data sharing between two or more Tripal sites and to facilitate data
> integration into Galaxy Workflows. However, we want to ensure that
> these web services are comprehensive and address the broadest needs.
> Thus, we are opening the design discussion for these web services to
> anyone who would like to attend.  To support the maximum number of
> attendees, I have created a Doodle poll.  If you are interested in
> attending, please click the link below, add your name to the poll and
> select dates and times you are available to meet by teleconference.
> We will use a teleconference services such as GoTo Meeting.
>
> http://doodle.com/g83w3pkuwrgcxqqx
>
> If you have any questions or suggestions prior to the meeting, please
> feel free to contact me directly.
>
> I'm looking forward to your participation,
> Stephen

Re: Web Services for Chado / Tripal

Stephen Ficklin-2
Correction, the meeting is Tuesday (not Thursday) Dec 16th.

On 12/9/2014 4:10 PM, Stephen Ficklin wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> Thanks for those who provided a time for the web services meeting.  It
> looks the best time for everyone is Thursday Jan 16th at the following
> times:
>
> 2:30 Eastern US
> 1:30 Central US
> 1:30 Saskatchewan
> 11:30 Pacific US
>
> I will send out connection information as we get a bit closer to the
> meeting.  I will also attempt to provide some preliminary design
> documents for discussion.
>
> Thanks for your participation!
> Stephen
>
> On 12/3/2014 5:20 PM, Stephen Ficklin wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> We are looking to begin construction of web services for access to
>> data in remote Chado databases.  These web services will be developed
>> within the Tripal framework. Thus anyone with an existing Tripal site
>> will have the potential to provide  web services to their users, or
>> those with a Chado installation can do the same by installing Tripal
>> and connecting it to their existing Chado database.
>>
>> Development of these web services is funded by an NSF DIBBs
>> (http://nsf.gov/awardsearch/showAward?AWD_ID=1443040) award.  A major
>> objective in this grant is to use these web services to facilitate
>> data sharing between two or more Tripal sites and to facilitate data
>> integration into Galaxy Workflows. However, we want to ensure that
>> these web services are comprehensive and address the broadest needs.
>> Thus, we are opening the design discussion for these web services to
>> anyone who would like to attend.  To support the maximum number of
>> attendees, I have created a Doodle poll.  If you are interested in
>> attending, please click the link below, add your name to the poll and
>> select dates and times you are available to meet by teleconference.
>> We will use a teleconference services such as GoTo Meeting.
>>
>> http://doodle.com/g83w3pkuwrgcxqqx
>>
>> If you have any questions or suggestions prior to the meeting, please
>> feel free to contact me directly.
>>
>> I'm looking forward to your participation,
>> Stephen

Re: Web Services for Chado / Tripal

Stephen Ficklin-2
Hi All,

For those of you interested in attending our Tripal / Chado Web Services
teleconference, the meeting is set for tomorrow, Tuesday Dec 16th at the
following times:

2:30 Eastern US
1:30 Central US
1:30 Saskatchewan
11:30 Pacific US

The GoTo Meeting connection information is below.   Anyone who would
like to provide input towards the development of RESTful web services
for Tripal and Chado are welcome to attend.  If you do attend, you will
find the best audio if you connect using a computer and headset
containing a microphone (laptop microphone turned off).

Stephen

1.  Please join my meeting, Tuesday, December 16, 2014 at 2:30 PM
Eastern Standard Time.
https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/567132613

2.  Use your microphone and speakers (VoIP) - a headset is recommended.
Or, call in using your telephone.

Dial +1 (571) 317-3112
Access Code: 567-132-613

Meeting ID: 567-132-613

GoToMeeting®
Online Meetings Made Easy®

Not at your computer? Click the link to join this meeting from your
iPhone®, iPad®, Android® or Windows Phone® device via the GoToMeeting app.