Quantcast

Webpage Error

Parks, Liz

Hello,

I am trying to evaluate WebGBrowse using the sample GFF3 and Conf files as well as my own files, and I am having some difficulty.  I have tried IE and Firefox.  On IE, I noticed an error: “0.className is null or not an object” webgb_form.js, following entering the sample input files (that I have saved locally) using “Browse” and clicking “Submit”.  Upon continuation, when I click “Display in GBrowse” (either version), an error message indicates “The landmark ……is not recognized…”.  Please advise.  We are considering the local install of WeGBrowse if upon evaluation it appears that it will meet our needs.

Thanks so much,

Liz Parks

Bioinformaticist and Gene Designer

Intrexon Corporation

108 T.W. Alexander Drive

Research Triangle Park, NC  27709

(919) 695-4530

CONFIDENTIAL TRANSMISSION - This message, including any attachments, is confidential and may be privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, please delete it without further distribution and reply to the sender that you have received the message in error.

Re: Webpage Error

Ram Podicheti-2
<base href="x-msg://191/"> Hi Liz,
I have just conducted a test run on the WebGBrowse site (http://webgbrowse.cgb.indiana.edu) and didn't face any problems. Can you try it again and let me know if you still have issues? The website is tested to work on IE, Firefox and Safari. There might be a few WebGBrowse installations floating around, and the URL I mentioned is the official one that CGB maintains.
Thanks,

Ram

On Jul 10, 2012, at 10:07 AM, Parks, Liz wrote:

[...]

I am glad it worked. Generally the issues related to the editor involve replacing of the newline characters with ^M characters and very rarely replacing of the tabs with spaces. WebGBrowse fails to handle either of these two conditions. Please let me know if you face more issues or during installation, I will be happy to help.

Ram

On Jul 10, 2012, at 1:52 PM, Parks, Liz wrote:

Hi Ram,
Thanks for getting back to me.  It appears that the problem was that Vector NTI had hijacked the sample GFF3 file when I saved it to my computer.  When I saved it again and insured it was .txt, it worked fine.
Thanks,