Which version of Workflow for production?

Which version of Workflow for production?

Chris Hemmerich

Hey Anup and other Workflow experts,

We are still using the last sourceforge release of Workflow (3.1.2), and
would like to use a newer version that addresses, among others, the bugs
with finished jobs not being correctly updated.

Which version do you recommend for production use? And what is the best
way to grab and install that version? I am currently playing around with
the 3.1.x branch, which self-identifies as 3.1.4. Should I be looking at
something else?

Thanks,
  Chris

Re: Which version of Workflow for production?

Mahurkar, Anup
Chris,

I have not managed to add the finishing touches to 3.1.4, but I would use
that version as it has addressed a few serious bugs that we had
encountered in the monitoring code. I think there are a few minor problems
in the installation scripts that we will try and fix in the next few days.
But if you can compile from source and install it go for it. I could also
send you a tar ball that I have floating around that I have shared with a
few users.

Anup

On 3/31/11 2:10 PM, "Chris Hemmerich" <[hidden email]> wrote:

>Hey Anup and other Workflow experts,
>
>We are still using the last sourceforge release of Workflow (3.1.2), and
>would like to use a newer version that addresses, among others, the bugs
>with finished jobs not being correctly updated.
>
>Which version do you recommend for production use? And what is the best
>way to grab and install that version? I am currently playing around with
>the 3.1.x branch, which self-identifies as 3.1.4. Should I be looking at
>something else?
>
>Thanks,
>  Chris

Re: Which version of Workflow for production?

Mariette

Anpu & Chris,

can we understand that a new realease should come out in the coming days ?
(we're facing the same bug)

Jerome

Mahurkar, Anup a écrit :

> Chris,
>
> I have not managed to add the finishing touches to 3.1.4, but I would use
> that version as it has addressed a few serious bugs that we had
> encountered in the monitoring code. I think there are a few minor problems
> in the installation scripts that we will try and fix in the next few days.
> But if you can compile from source and install it go for it. I could also
> send you a tar ball that I have floating around that I have shared with a
> few users.
>
> Anup
>
> On 3/31/11 2:10 PM, "Chris Hemmerich" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

>> Hey Anup and other Workflow experts,
>>
>> We are still using the last sourceforge release of Workflow (3.1.2), and
>> would like to use a newer version that addresses, among others, the bugs
>> with finished jobs not being correctly updated.
>>
>> Which version do you recommend for production use? And what is the best
>> way to grab and install that version? I am currently playing around with
>> the 3.1.x branch, which self-identifies as 3.1.4. Should I be looking at
>> something else?
>>
>> Thanks,
>>  Chris

Re: Which version of Workflow for production?

Chris Hemmerich

Anup,

Thanks. If you will have a new version of 3.1.4 in the next week or so, I
will wait until then, otherwise I would appreciate it if you could send me
the tar ball.  I compiled 3.1.4 out of svn, and it is currently failing to
import the environment into Section 2 of sge_job.sh - so I'd like to
explore more vetted starting points before investing more time in
debugging this.

Thanks,
  Chris