add ClustrMaps widget into Mine's homepage

add ClustrMaps widget into Mine's homepage

Pengcheng Yang
Hi InterMiners,

Some websites use ClustrMaps to record and display the statistics of
visiting. Is it possible to embed this widget into homepage of InterMine
instance? This widget could be placed next to the "Perl, Python, Ruby
and Java API" plate.

Best,

Pengcheng Yang

Fwd: add ClustrMaps widget into Mine's homepage

Yo Yehudi-2
whoops, just realised I forgot to reply all with this one in case someone else has a similar question in the future :)

I've never heard of ClustrMaps before but it looks rather cool! We have a guide to customising the homepage here: https://intermine.readthedocs.io/en/latest/webapp/homepage/ - it looks like you could copy the ClustrMaps HTML into one of the first three boxes by modifying your properties file. Replacing the news box looks like slightly more work - I think you'd have to modify the JSP https://github.com/intermine/intermine/blob/cdb3adf53aa3a9f84a735b15f6e10b7a8b4a941d/intermine/webapp/src/main/webapp/begin.jsp#L217 , which would involve compiling the intermine jar yourself (Dani, correct me if I'm wrong here 😆)

The other side of this - if you just want stats for yourself, you could use the built in stats and/or google analytics - https://intermine.readthedocs.io/en/latest/webapp/monitoring-site-usage/

Yo

On Mon, 9 Mar 2020 at 02:51, Pengcheng Yang <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi InterMiners,

Some websites use ClustrMaps to record and display the statistics of
visiting. Is it possible to embed this widget into homepage of InterMine
instance? This widget could be placed next to the "Perl, Python, Ruby
and Java API" plate.

Best,

Pengcheng Yang

Please note I am ‘working to contract’ as part of the UCU industrial action to defend our pensions and fight for fair pay and equality. This may mean it takes longer for me to respond to emails. You can find out more about the dispute at: www.ucu.cam.ac.uk/faqs

--
Please note I am ‘working to contract’ as part of the UCU industrial action to defend our pensions and fight for fair pay and equality. This may mean it takes longer for me to respond to emails. You can find out more about the dispute at: www.ucu.cam.ac.uk/faqs

Re: Fwd: add ClustrMaps widget into Mine's homepage

Daniela Butano-2
yes I confirm what Yo said.
If you need to change any jsp in the intermine-webapp project, you need
to install locally intermine-webapp + bio-webapp gradle projects

cd intermine
./gradle intermine-webapp:install
cd bio
./gradlew bio-webapp:install