adding columns

kkarra@stanford.edu
Hi Richard,

I want to add a  column to the results table that shows up when a Quick Search has multiple matches. Where should I do this?

Also, I want to add a column to the issues tables i.e Duplicate, Synonym etc that shows up after a List Upload. Could you point me to where in the code I would make this change?

Thanks,
-Kalpana

Re: adding columns

Richard Smith
On 23/07/2010 16:18, Kalpana Karra wrote:
> Hi Richard,
>
> I want to add a  column to the results table that shows up when a Quick Search has multiple matches. Where should I do this?

You're right that you edit A_IdentifierSynonym_Object to change the
quick search output - if adding references to other objects best to do
as an outer join so you don't restrict results at all.

> Also, I want to add a column to the issues tables i.e Duplicate, Synonym etc that shows up after a List Upload. Could you point me to where in the code I would make this change?

I think this reads the webconfig-model.xml configuration, so you can try
editing that for the relevant classes.  The <fieldconfig> entries need
to have the showInResults="true" attribute.

If that isn't the solution I'll look a bit deeper.

Cheers,
Richard