analysisfeature and it's relationship to feature

analysisfeature and it's relationship to feature

Karl O. Pinc
Hi,

The companalysis module does what we want, almost.

If differing analysis can lead to differing feature
locations for the same feature (even relative to
a single srcfeature) then why does the analysisfeature
table have a foreign key to relate it to the
features table?  Should not analysisfeatures
instead have a foreign key to the featureloc
table (from which the feature can be obtained)?

The way it is now any time an analysis gives you
a different location for a feature you need a new row on
the feature table.  (In my case I'm actually worried
more about getting a different residue, but the
problem is the same.)

Regards,

Karl <[hidden email]>
Free Software:  "You don't pay back, you pay forward."
                 -- Robert A. Heinlein