[apollo] Re: Possible GMOD meeting before BOSC/ISMB in July

[apollo] Re: Possible GMOD meeting before BOSC/ISMB in July

Scott Cain
Hello all,

Due to the short notice, I've decided not to have a GMOD meeting
before BOSC/ISMB in July.  I am hoping to plan an informal "GMOD
lunch" sometime during BOSC or ISMB for people who are going to the
meetings and would like to get together to chat.

I'm looking at options for the next GMOD meeting.

On Mon, May 17, 2010 at 3:16 PM, Scott Cain <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Since the last GMOD meeting in January, I had been hoping to have a
> GMOD meeting around the ISMB and BOSC meetings in Boston this July.
> Until this week, though, I had had a difficult time finding a place
> where a meeting could be held for a reasonable price.  However, a kind
> soul at The Broad has offered a meeting space that would easily
> accommodate a GMOD meeting for two days before BOSC (either July 6-7
> or July 7-8).  The only question I have is this: can people make it to
> a GMOD meeting with about 2 months notice?  Please let me know your
> thoughts on this.  While there would probably be a registration fee,
> it would be fairly low (I'm guessing in the ballpark of $50).
>
> Thanks,
> Scott

> Scott Cain, Ph. D.                                   scott at scottcain dot net
> GMOD Coordinator (http://gmod.org/)                     216-392-3087
> Ontario Institute for Cancer Research

[apollo] Re: [GMOD-devel] Possible GMOD meeting before BOSC/ISMB in July

Scott Cain
Hi Hilmar,

That's not a bad idea; I was planning on being there anyway.  I was
thinking that perhaps I could help make some headway on GFF stuff in
BioPerl.

Is anyone else interested in hacking GMOD things before BOSC?

Scott