authenticated user by organism

Sofia Robb-4
Hello,

Is there anyway to have organism level authentication? I would like to have all the features of one organism only visible to a set of users who need to log in.

Thanks
Sofia

Re: authenticated user by organism

Guignon, Valentin (Bioversity-France)

Hello Sofia,

Do you have all your organisms in a same Chado instance or do you/could you have them in separate Chado instances?

If you can use separate instances, then, as soon as I can fix the multi-chado module*, you can do exactly what you want.

If you need to have them in a same database then, I would say that the chado controller (ChaCo) module should do the work but…

…for both projects, I’m the only developer working on them and unfortunately I also have other commitments that prevents me to hardly work on their development. Therefore these are not “finished products” and may not work well. If you would like to give them a try, let me know and we’ll see how to install and configure the modules according to your needs. I should write a documentation but I would prefer to do it once these modules are stabilized and released.

   Val

Links:

-ChaCo: http://www.tripal.info/extensions/modules/chado-controller

-Multi-chado: http://www.tripal.info/extensions/modules/tripal-multi-chado

*: https://www.drupal.org/node/2567053#comment-11219015

Is there anyway to have organism level authentication? I would like to have all the features of one organism only visible to a set of users who need to log in.

Thanks

Sofia

Re: authenticated user by organism

Stephen Ficklin-2

Hi Sofia,

Another way you could potentially do this is to create a role for each species, and use the nodeaccess module to set permissions on a per node basis based on species (https://www.drupal.org/project/nodeaccess).  It will take some SQL or some programming to get the correct permissions on the features you want.  But I think this may work for you.  Then when users log on they will only see features for the species they have access to.  Although, you'll need to adjust your search tools to make sure that it doesn't show results that user's won't have access to.

Stephen

On 8/25/2016 2:04 PM, Sofia Robb wrote:
Hello,

Is there anyway to have organism level authentication? I would like to have all the features of one organism only visible to a set of users who need to log in.

Thanks
Sofia

Re: authenticated user by organism

Sofia Robb
Thanks Valentin and Stephen,

I have been putting a lot of thought on how to manage this, these are all good ideas and I think I will be trying them all out. The role idea is kinda similar (but a much prettier and way less hackish) to what I came up with on my own. I was thinking I could use Global Redirect module to make all the urls redirect to the aliases with include the species names, then use apache users and passwords to limit the page views.

Sofia