availability problems with cdn.intermine.org

availability problems with cdn.intermine.org

Todd Harris-2
We're experiencing availability problems with the cdn.intermine.org host. It's unresponsive. Can you have a look?

Thanks,

Todd

Re: availability problems with cdn.intermine.org

Sergio Contrino
hi todd,
unfortunately we have a server room issue, and all machine had to go
down. they will back up tomorrow 8 am gmt.
you should probably set up your own cdn.
thanks
sergio

On 25/11/15 15:39, Todd Harris wrote:

> We're experiencing availability problems with the cdn.intermine.org host. It's unresponsive. Can you have a look?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Todd

sergio contrino                  InterMine, University of Cambridge
https://sergiocontrino.github.io           http://www.intermine.org

Re: availability problems with cdn.intermine.org

Joshua Heimbach
Hi Todd,

Sorry for the inconvenience. We have some instructions for configuring a local CDN here:
http://intermine.readthedocs.org/en/latest/webapp/performance/

Please let us know if you need any help setting one up.

- Josh

On 25/11/15 17:38, sergio contrino wrote:
hi todd,
unfortunately we have a server room issue, and all machine had to go down. they will back up tomorrow 8 am gmt.
you should probably set up your own cdn.
thanks
sergio

On 25/11/15 15:39, Todd Harris wrote:
We're experiencing availability problems with the cdn.intermine.org host. It's unresponsive. Can you have a look?

Thanks,

Todd

Re: availability problems with cdn.intermine.org

joe carlson
Hi Josh and others,

Just a bit of warning: this is not quite enough to deliver your own CDN. There are some hardcoded values of cdn.intermine.org in some of the js files. You can check the ’Net’ tab of firebug to identify these. You may want to change this host in the source files.

Joe

On Nov 25, 2015, at 9:49 AM, Joshua Heimbach <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi Todd,

Sorry for the inconvenience. We have some instructions for configuring a local CDN here:
http://intermine.readthedocs.org/en/latest/webapp/performance/

Please let us know if you need any help setting one up.

- Josh

On 25/11/15 17:38, sergio contrino wrote:
hi todd,
unfortunately we have a server room issue, and all machine had to go down. they will back up tomorrow 8 am gmt.
you should probably set up your own cdn.
thanks
sergio

On 25/11/15 15:39, Todd Harris wrote:
We're experiencing availability problems with the cdn.intermine.org host. It's unresponsive. Can you have a look?

Thanks,

Todd

Re: availability problems with cdn.intermine.org

Sam Hokin-3
Yes, I just cloned CDN and gave it a try, and it broke my mine even though the obvious URLs worked fine. Because, of course, I
hadn't dug into the various places where cdn.intermine.org is hardcoded. I'd say "hosting your own CDN" isn't really ready for prime
time - too much work. I switched back to cdn.intermine.org. :) Just my "two cents."