balloon hover, can I turn it off in a semantic zoom?

balloon hover, can I turn it off in a semantic zoom?

Keiran Raine
Hi,

I have a BAM track configured with semantic zoom.

From 1-150 bp I have a detailed popup of the read details and above that I want the balloons to not be rendered, e.g.:

[562_TR-1_RNA_ribozero_bwa]
balloon hover   = sub {&Sanger::CGP::GBrowse::GB_Init_Code::bam_tooltip(shift)}

[562_TR-1_RNA_ribozero_bwa:150]
balloon hover = 0

The problem I have is that even when 'ballon hover' is set to false a default ballonis generated (see attached).  Ideally I want to reduce the data being served and completely disable this behaviour at this zoom level.  I'm aware that this can be switched to a standard 'title' mouse over by changing 'titles are balloons', but I actually want the image map to be as minimal as possible.

Is it possible to completely turn off this feature?

Thanks,

Keiran Raine
Principal Bioinformatician
Cancer Genome Project
Wellcome Trust Sanger institute

Tel:+44 (0)1223 834244 Ext: 7703
Office: H104

-- The Wellcome Trust Sanger Institute is operated by Genome Rese arch Limited, a charity registered in England with number 1021457 and a company registered in England with number 2742969, whose registered office is 215 Euston Road, London, NW1 2BE.