basis of gene removed in maker re-annotation

basis of gene removed in maker re-annotation

yplee
Dear maker author,

I am yongping li, a student from huazhong agriculture university, china. We used MAKER to re-annotation our genome annotation. There is some gene were removal in MAKER output when i input out previous annotation gff file, so what was the basis for gene removal?

would  you please provide us the details of gene remove? The reviews ask question when i submit my re-annotation paper to journal.

Best regards

Yours Sincerely

Re: basis of gene removed in maker re-annotation

Carson Holt-2
Genes are removed if they have no evidence support or are overlapped by another gene that has better evidence support (the AED score measures evidence support). If you pass in old gene models in GFF3 format (model_gff), they will always be kept, even without evidence support but can be replaced by better supported overlapping models.

—Carson