bin/register_moby_services.pl does not compile

bin/register_moby_services.pl does not compile

Robert Buels
Hi all,

bin/register_moby_services.pl in the gbrowse 2.x distribution no longer
compiles.  From a cursory inspection, it appears like it would only
possibly work under GBrowse 1.x.  Usually instead of pestering people I
would JFDI and fix it, but this one's a bit outside of my expertise.

Is this script still maintained by anybody?  Should it still be
supported in GBrowse2?

Rob

Re: bin/register_moby_services.pl does not compile

Scott Cain
Hi Rob,

Hopefully the cc'ed email address for Mark Wilkinson will still be
good; he would be the person to give a definitive answer.  My guess is
that for the short term, it should be removed from the manifest but
remain in the repository until Mark can look at it or convince
somebody else to.

Scott

On Wed, Jul 28, 2010 at 6:13 PM, Robert Buels <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> bin/register_moby_services.pl in the gbrowse 2.x distribution no longer
> compiles.  From a cursory inspection, it appears like it would only
> possibly work under GBrowse 1.x.  Usually instead of pestering people I
> would JFDI and fix it, but this one's a bit outside of my expertise.
>
> Is this script still maintained by anybody?  Should it still be
> supported in GBrowse2?
>
> Rob

Re: bin/register_moby_services.pl does not compile

Mark Wilkinson-3
Please remove it until I've had a chance to look at it.  What we're
planning to do at the moment is completely replace all Moby components of
Gbrowse with the newer (and better!) SADI technology.

It's on the agenda, but we're just in the middle of sorting out some other
stuff first.  Probably a month or two :-)

On Wed, 28 Jul 2010 20:23:24 -0700, Scott Cain <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Rob,
>
> Hopefully the cc'ed email address for Mark Wilkinson will still be
> good; he would be the person to give a definitive answer.  My guess is
> that for the short term, it should be removed from the manifest but
> remain in the repository until Mark can look at it or convince
> somebody else to.
>
> Scott
>

> On Wed, Jul 28, 2010 at 6:13 PM, Robert Buels <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> bin/register_moby_services.pl in the gbrowse 2.x distribution no longer
>> compiles.  From a cursory inspection, it appears like it would only
>> possibly work under GBrowse 1.x.  Usually instead of pestering people I
>> would JFDI and fix it, but this one's a bit outside of my expertise.
>>
>> Is this script still maintained by anybody?  Should it still be
>> supported in GBrowse2?
>>
>> Rob

Dr. Mark Wilkinson
Assistant Professor, Medical Genetics
PI Bioinformatics, Heart + Lung Institute
St. Paul's Hospital/UBC
Vancouver, BC, Canada

Re: bin/register_moby_services.pl does not compile

Robert Buels
OK, removed in rev 23600.