biomart 0.8

Siddhartha Basu

Hi,
A while back i looked at a glimpse of biomart 0.8,  was quite
impressive.
Just wondering about the current status of biomart 0.8, like any tentative plans
for a release(beta/alpha).

thanks,
-siddhartha

Re: biomart 0.8

Arek Kasprzyk-2
Re: [mart-dev] biomart 0.8
Hi Siddharta,
We have recently released the website (dcc.icgc.org) running 0.8 rc2  with new features including basic visualization and report pages. The work on rc3 has already started. The rc3 will bring more fleshed out web features eg flexible searches, security and the first version of the configuration tool (most of this is now ready and we are working on the new control flow). The ETA for rc3 is currently october. The ETA for the official 0.8 is end of this year. However,  rc3 should contain most of the basic features and we can make it available to ppl if they want to have an early glimpse of the new software

On 30/08/10 10:56 AM, "Siddhartha Basu" <biosidd@...> wrote:

Hi,
A while back i looked at a glimpse of biomart 0.8,  was quite
impressive.
Just wondering about the current status of biomart 0.8, like any tentative plans
for a release(beta/alpha).

thanks,
-siddhartha

Arek Kasprzyk
Director, Bioinformatics Operations and Principal Investigator

Ontario Institute for Cancer Research
MaRS Centre, South Tower
101 College Street, Suite 800
Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5G 0A3

Tel:                        416-673-8559
Toll-free:             1-866-678-6427
www.oicr.on.ca

This message and any attachments may contain confidential and/or privileged information for the sole use of the intended recipient. Any review or distribution by anyone other than the person for whom it was originally intended is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please contact the sender and delete all copies. Opinions, conclusions or other information contained in this message may not be that of the organization.

Re: biomart 0.8

Leandro Hermida-2
Dear Arek,

I would definitely also be interested in having RC3 when available to
use and give feedback on.  I have two major projects and installations
using BioMart so would definitely test migrating these.

best,
Leandro

On Mon, Aug 30, 2010 at 5:48 PM, Arek Kasprzyk <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Siddharta,
> We have recently released the website (dcc.icgc.org) running 0.8 rc2  with
> new features including basic visualization and report pages. The work on rc3
> has already started. The rc3 will bring more fleshed out web features eg
> flexible searches, security and the first version of the configuration tool
> (most of this is now ready and we are working on the new control flow). The
> ETA for rc3 is currently october. The ETA for the official 0.8 is end of
> this year. However,  rc3 should contain most of the basic features and we
> can make it available to ppl if they want to have an early glimpse of the
> new software

> On 30/08/10 10:56 AM, "Siddhartha Basu" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

> Hi,
> A while back i looked at a glimpse of biomart 0.8,  was quite
> impressive.
> Just wondering about the current status of biomart 0.8, like any tentative
> plans
> for a release(beta/alpha).
>
> thanks,
> -siddhartha
>

> Arek Kasprzyk
> Director, Bioinformatics Operations and Principal Investigator
>
> Ontario Institute for Cancer Research
> MaRS Centre, South Tower
> 101 College Street, Suite 800
> Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5G 0A3
>
> Tel:                        416-673-8559
> Toll-free:             1-866-678-6427
> www.oicr.on.ca
>
> This message and any attachments may contain confidential and/or privileged
> information for the sole use of the intended recipient. Any review or
> distribution by anyone other than the person for whom it was originally
> intended is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error,
> please contact the sender and delete all copies. Opinions, conclusions or
> other information contained in this message may not be that of the
> organization.

Re: biomart 0.8

Siddhartha Basu
Hi Arek,
Would definitely like to test out the rc3 and give feedbacks. At
dictyBase,  we do have a biomart upgrade pending early next year,  so it will
be a good test time to give it a spin.

-siddhartha