biomart 0.8?

Andreu Alibés
Hi,

I'm setting up a local biomart and, after reading that biomart 0.8 is soon to be released, would like to know how much will it change from biomart 0.7. Also, is it worth for me to set up biomart 0.7 (quite hard already) and then have to move to 0.8 or should I wait?

Thanks,

   Andreu

Andreu Alibés, PhD
Bioinformatics Core & EMBL-CRG Systems Biology Unit
Center for Genomic Regulation

C/ Dr. Aiguader 88, 08003 Barcelona, Spain
Phone: +34 93 316 0202

http://sites.google.com/site/aalibes

Re: biomart 0.8?

Syed Haider
Hi Andreu,

None of your investment into 0.7 will be wasted with the 0.8 release as
the new software would feature a backwards compatability component to
upgrade old marts (0.7 and earlier). So no worries on this front.

Please do write to us about any difficulties that you are having to
setup 0.7, we are happy to help you.

Best,
Syed

On 07/10/2010 11:06, Andreu Alibés wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm setting up a local biomart and, after reading that biomart 0.8 is soon to be released, would like to know how much will it change from biomart 0.7. Also, is it worth for me to set up biomart 0.7 (quite hard already) and then have to move to 0.8 or should I wait?
>
> Thanks,
>
>     Andreu

> Andreu Alibés, PhD
> Bioinformatics Core&  EMBL-CRG Systems Biology Unit
> Center for Genomic Regulation
> C/ Dr. Aiguader 88, 08003 Barcelona, Spain
> Phone: +34 93 316 0202
> http://sites.google.com/site/aalibes

Re: biomart 0.8?

Arek Kasprzyk-2
Re: [mart-dev] biomart 0.8?
Hi Andreu,
Biomart 0.8 is a complete reimplementation in java so from this perspective it is a big change. However, the backend will remain the same (data models) so any work you put there will not be wasted. we’ll also provide the backwards compatibility for whatever configuration you will create with 0.7 Meditor so this can be reused with 0.8

On 07/10/10 6:06 AM, "Andreu Alibés" <aalibes@...> wrote:

Hi,

I'm setting up a local biomart and, after reading that biomart 0.8 is soon to be released, would like to know how much will it change from biomart 0.7. Also, is it worth for me to set up biomart 0.7 (quite hard already) and then have to move to 0.8 or should I wait?

Thanks,

   Andreu

Arek Kasprzyk
Director, Bioinformatics Operations and Principal Investigator

Ontario Institute for Cancer Research
MaRS Centre, South Tower
101 College Street, Suite 800
Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5G 0A3

Tel:                        416-673-8559
Toll-free:             1-866-678-6427
www.oicr.on.ca

This message and any attachments may contain confidential and/or privileged information for the sole use of the intended recipient. Any review or distribution by anyone other than the person for whom it was originally intended is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please contact the sender and delete all copies. Opinions, conclusions or other information contained in this message may not be that of the organization.

http://sites.google.com/site/aalibes

Re: biomart 0.8?

Syed Haider
Yes, it is due to be replace with a much simpler yet powerful tool.

Best
Syed

On 07/10/2010 15:37, Andreu Alibés wrote:

> Is the marteditor easier to use / more friendly in version 0.8?

> On Thu, Oct 7, 2010 at 4:30 PM, Arek Kasprzyk<[hidden email]<mailto:[hidden email]>>  wrote:
>
> Hi Andreu,
> Biomart 0.8 is a complete reimplementation in java so from this perspective it is a big change. However, the backend will remain the same (data models) so any work you put there will not be wasted. we’ll also provide the backwards compatibility for whatever configuration you will create with 0.7 Meditor so this can be reused with 0.8

> On 07/10/10 6:06 AM, "Andreu Alibés"<[hidden email]<http://aalibes@...>>  wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> I'm setting up a local biomart and, after reading that biomart 0.8 is soon to be released, would like to know how much will it change from biomart 0.7. Also, is it worth for me to set up biomart 0.7 (quite hard already) and then have to move to 0.8 or should I wait?
>
> Thanks,
>
>     Andreu
>

> Arek Kasprzyk
> Director, Bioinformatics Operations and Principal Investigator
>
> Ontario Institute for Cancer Research
> MaRS Centre, South Tower
> 101 College Street, Suite 800
> Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5G 0A3
>
> Tel:                        416-673-8559
> Toll-free:             1-866-678-6427
> www.oicr.on.ca<http://www.oicr.on.ca>
>
> This message and any attachments may contain confidential and/or privileged information for the sole use of the intended recipient. Any review or distribution by anyone other than the person for whom it was originally intended is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please contact the sender and delete all copies. Opinions, conclusions or other information contained in this message may not be that of the organization.

> Andreu Alibés, PhD
> Bioinformatics Core&  EMBL-CRG Systems Biology Unit
> Center for Genomic Regulation
> C/ Dr. Aiguader 88, 08003 Barcelona, Spain
> Phone: +34 93 316 0202
> http://sites.google.com/site/aalibes

Re: biomart 0.8?

Syed Haider
We are aiming for the end of this year. An early snapshot of some of the
release interfaces is available at dcc.icgc.org. A release candidate of
code base with configuration tool will be made available prior to release.

Syed