[biomart-users] About local, own biomart construction

[biomart-users] About local, own biomart construction

최진우
I want to construct my own 'mart' which used BioMart because I have some reference data which are not contained ensembl db. But I can't find method in BioMart manual.

I have reference FASTA and GFF3 format file containing gene, cds information.
How can I construct my own database and 'mart'?

And, If you provide some example mart or database for me, It will be a big help.

Thanks.

Re: [biomart-users] About local, own biomart construction

Arek Kasprzyk
Hi,

First you need to create a relational database. I suggest start first with a test table (s) with some dummy data (one row is sufficient), open MConfigurator, click 'add source', choose 'rdbms' then 'source schema'. Once your new source is added, left click on it 'create config'. Then 'start server'. This should be it.

Once you have done that. You need to figure out how to put your GFF3 data into tables and repeat the procedure

a.