[biomart-users] Accessing local installation of Biomart results in "Unexpected format to the list of available marts"

AV

[biomart-users] Accessing local installation of Biomart results in "Unexpected format to the list of available marts"

AV

I have downloaded and launched the webserver for a local installation of Biomart 0.9 using these directions. After using MartConfigurator to download a mart (from Ensembl, not from biomart.org), I am attempting to access the webserver using

listMarts(host = "IP.address", port = 9000, path = "/martservice/marts")

This results in the R error:

"Error: Unexpected format to the list of available marts. Please check the following URL manually, and try ?listMarts for advice."

When visiting the URL, I get this warning and a page that is supposed to start with <MartRegistry>, but does not.

<marts>
<mart mart="gene_ensembl" config="gene_ensembl_config" group="" isHidden="false" meta="" operation="SINGLESELECT" description="gene_ensembl_config" displayName="ensembl_mart_ensembl" name="gene_ensembl_config"/>
<mart mart="gene_ensembl" config="gene_ensembl_config_1" group="" isHidden="false" meta="" operation="SINGLESELECT" description="gene_ensembl_config_1" displayName="gene_ensembl_config_1" name="gene_ensembl_config_1"/>
</marts>